Trading 2017 for a 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I jumped in to a 20. Now I’m good until 22 or 23 after all the people with more money than brains get there’s. Then I’ll consider a Gen 3 or TRX.

The other reasons I'm looking at '20s: I do not want the first year or two of a model with a new suspension. Hybrid? Ditto. With the move to hybrid/electric, it may be five or six years before I'll be willing to touch anything they make.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I think I will keep my 17 and wait for the Gen 3. My 17 has been trouble free so far (knock on wood) and I really enjoy it. I will look into extending the warranty a few more years and wait for the Gen 3. The responses on here and my dealer being stubborn on not giving in for a good deal, he will not budge on lowering the price on a 2020 Magnetic with 802A package for $74,000, has made my decision.

I got my 2019 for $68k with the sticker of $74k

That’s an easy to find deal. $74k today is nuts!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will largely depend on state reopening and how big of a surge in new china virus cases there is. If there is a throttling or another round of business closings, gen3 could get shelved.

Rd 2 will never happen. They'll all be in jail by then.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in your same boat; low mileage 17. great truck had issues early (cam phaser, several oil pans etc). but Ford dealership has been reaching out to trade mine in cause they have no USED raptors and several new ones. However. I have been seeing lots of publications not just internet trolls. says a "SPECIAL EDITION" Gen 2 may be put out with the GT500 predator engine before the next raptor comes out

Saleen556

Reaction score
I would say the 17 is better than the 19's and 20's....

Costing from Ford as removed some subtle things like console lights, fit and finish isn't quite there etc. I dare say the 2.0 shocks are better than the 3.0.

I agree putting fabric in the seats was a step backwards. However my 20 rides better than the 17 did. Didn’t notice the lights missing but don’t drive at night often.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the 17 is better than the 19's and 20's....

Costing from Ford as removed some subtle things like console lights, fit and finish isn't quite there etc. I dare say the 2.0 shocks are better than the 3.0.
I have had 17,18 and now 20 of the Second Gen. 2020 is much better IMO.