Traded my Gen2 for Gen3 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we’re talking different things, from a dig off the line I imagine you must be right, but I’m talking more from a highway roll type pull, 0-60 these raptors are quick but from 50-100 seem to be where they impress (at least for me)
Fair enough, I admittedly haven't done many freeway pulls but passing power in the trx is pretty impressive. In my 2017 raptor I had it was just okay, but to be fair by the time I tuned it, it was early 2020 start of the pandemic I wasn't doing a lot of driving on the freeway.

I'm on the fence of tuning the gen3 until it's out of warranty. I waited till I went over 36k miles in my gen2 but my local dealers are hit and miss with their favorability towards tuning.. some service managers give me no grief, some give me a ton of grief so we'll see but if I see some gen3 pulls in the low 4s or even high 3s I'll likely do it because there are about 50 TRXs in my hood and I don't wanna be smoked at every single light leaving my town.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, I admittedly haven't done many freeway pulls but passing power in the trx is pretty impressive. In my 2017 raptor I had it was just okay, but to be fair by the time I tuned it, it was early 2020 start of the pandemic I wasn't doing a lot of driving on the freeway.

I'm on the fence of tuning the gen3 until it's out of warranty. I waited till I went over 36k miles in my gen2 but my local dealers are hit and miss with their favorability towards tuning.. some service managers give me no grief, some give me a ton of grief so we'll see but if I see some gen3 pulls in the low 4s or even high 3s I'll likely do it because there are about 50 TRXs in my hood and I don't wanna be smoked at every single light leaving my town.
These engines can absolutely handle the extra grunt, they have forged internals, Ford themselves tweaked the factory tune from the gen2 to Gen3 to the point where they’re dynoing more TQ @ the wheels then they’re rated @ the crank lol (goosetuned showed 518rwtq on factory tune running 91 octane) I have not heard of anyone having an actual failure or major issue due to a tune only on these trucks…..& many many people are running em tuned & running em hard

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting tuned immediately when I am certain of an application that I am confident with. So far there is a JB4 option and Livernois has a solution but they ask require plugging into your sensors or pcm directly. I wanted to wait for a ODB port solution to be honest.

I used MPT tuning and was very impressed. I have heard great things about Goosetuned but playing the waiting game on them right now.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome bunch of vehicles you got there. Miles of smiles buddy.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them yesterday, looks like we’ll be in for a long wait.

bruin1md

Reaction score
Awesome congrats man!!!! Btw- that nardo grey Porsche makes is what turned me on to that type of color on a vehicle, which is why my 2020 Rappy is LF!!

I think Audi makes a similar color as well….but something about it isn’t as cool looking as the nardo

Is the 37” truck noticeably sluggish compared to when your gen2 was stock or was that too long ago to make a judgment call?

The feeing of taking home a brand new vehicle that you really wanted is awesome & I wouldn’t steer anyone away from it….I know very wealthy guys who are into cars but still cheapskates & only buy used, but one of em bought a brand new (but stripped down reg cab) F250 (literally as his driveway plow truck) & now he’s like “next Mercedes’ I get will be new!!!”
Porsche's grey is known as 'Chalk'.
Audi's grey is known as Nardo and is amazing....... First saw it on a RS7 years ago and did a double take while driving.