Traded my 18 for a 19!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you all. I am supposed to bring my 18’ in next week to get the stereo system redone, and now I am looking at the 19s...

RapAtak

Reaction score
Sfadchi, as a prospective Raptor Owner I’d love to hear a little more about the suspension differences, on pavement specifically if you could please. I can find some awesome deals on 18’s but can’t get a clear answer on the 19 suspension and if it’s worth the extra $. I am a rather ‘spirited’ pavement driver, and I was thinking the 19 live shocks would help eat up some of the New England pot holes that liter the highways a little better at speed. I mostly worry about some of the long sloping turns that are on the highways around me that again have lots of potholes, do you find your ‘19 stays more stable when encountering those types of conditions?

Thanks! Love the Velocity Blue!

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was going to trade my 18 for a 19, but damn the paint looks extremely poor on all the 19's at the dealer built 12-18 and early Jan. Agate, performance blue, race red, it didn't matter, extreme orange peel, especially on the passenger sides and hood. My truck is shadow black, built 7-18 and has a great paint except for couple of nibs. No way I would spend that kind on money for crap paint. Even the clear coat looked defective with wierd wavy lines in it. Guess I'll wait and see...:mad:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I was going to trade my 18 for a 19, but damn the paint looks extremely poor on all the 19's at the dealer built 12-18 and early Jan. Agate, performance blue, race red, it didn't matter, extreme orange peel, especially on the passenger sides and hood. My truck is shadow black, built 7-18 and has a great paint except for couple of nibs. No way I would spend that kind on money for crap paint. Even the clear coat looked defective with wierd wavy lines in it. Guess I'll wait and see...:mad:

My shadow has noticeable orange peel if you look at it right, but no other flaw at all. My advice is don't be like me and keep looking for flaws in the paint or interior trim - you will find things

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shadow has noticeable orange peel if you look at it right, but no other flaw at all. My advice is don't be like me and keep looking for flaws in the paint or interior trim - you will find things
My 18 shadow black has very little to no orange peel. The trucks I looked at this weekend where extremely bad. The only reason I'm trading is because my dash was scratched from the factory with 15 miles on it. I inspected the truck just not the dash. I never knew car makers who sell such poor quality trucks for $$$. Guess you live and learn. I debated ripping the dash to pieces since the Ford dealer rep told me to F'Off, you can't really see it "I mean, What do you expect for 71K?". It's just not worth the trouble of getting it fixed, so I'm looking to trade. I'm hoping they resolve their paint problems soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc