Trade my problem plagued 2018 for a 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you only have to pay $325 more, 1x for a new vehicle, why is this even a discussion?

$325 more than what he paid for his originally. However, with the low amount on the trade-in he will still be paying more because the payments and interest all reset.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$325 more than what he paid for his originally. However, with the low amount on the trade-in he will still be paying more because the payments and interest all reset.

Interest on my 2018 is 1.65% and I'm down to 2 years to pay it off. I checked my Credit Union and the best rate is now 2.7% which amounts to about $37 more per month on interest charges.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like your truck had a few more bugs than normal, which is unfortunate. But with 35k on the clock, hopefully most of the bugs have been identified and fixed. There is a good chance this truck will turn out to be a very reliable ride for its next owner if you trade it in.

Personally, I'd buy an extended warranty and see how it goes for another year or two. Especially if you feel like Ford might offer something more worth upgrading to in 2021 or 2022.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interest on my 2018 is 1.65% and I'm down to 2 years to pay it off. I checked my Credit Union and the best rate is now 2.7% which amounts to about $37 more per month on interest charges.

Is that for a two year loan? If not, then you are resetting your loan time frame and you will have to pay for another 4 or 5 years. (I.e. Whatever term you choose to get that payment) You pay the most interest on a loan at the start of the term, so that was my comment about paying more in the long run even with the same monthly payments.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it now.

I would buy this:

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Or be on Ford corporate about all the problems you've had with the truck.

If you are going to keep it, you definitely want to get the ESP before your factory warranty runs out because the price will be cheaper. Flood Ford has some of the best ESP prices in the country.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure you would see the $30k - $35k at that point. If you look at used vehicle values today, a loaded 17 raptor with 100k miles is only valued at $33k for trade. That is an optimistic number, and I bet that the black book (basically auction numbers) is more like $28k. I would imagine this value creeps down as we all move forward in time.