Trade my problem plagued 2018 for a 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, lets revisit this topic. My order for a 2020 Raptor never got picked up. Luckily for me it seems. So instead, I ordered a 2020 F250 w/Tremor package, and it's due to arrive on 3/27. Ordered it with the 7.3L engine, 4.30 gears, Tremor, Ultimate and Sport packages.

And JUST in time. Even though I had my timing belt tensioner replaced at 14k miles, this POS Ecoturd engine is once again making rattling noises on cold starts. What a failure.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, lets revisit this topic. My order for a 2020 Raptor never got picked up. Luckily for me it seems. So instead, I ordered a 2020 F250 w/Tremor package, and it's due to arrive on 3/27. Ordered it with the 7.3L engine, 4.30 gears, Tremor, Ultimate and Sport packages.

And JUST in time. Even though I had my timing belt tensioner replaced at 14k miles, this POS Ecoturd engine is once again making rattling noises on cold starts. What a failure.

Hello from Fredericksburg. Hate to hear you are having problems again. I had a 2017 and 2018 Raptor that both had the white smoke issue. Got rid of both. I always have a Superduty, but took a chance and bought another 2020 Raptor. So far (4000 miles), it is the best one yet. Still don't completely trust it, but I think they have most of the kinks out.

Enjoy that Tremor and post up on how the 7.3 is.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer confirmed I have timing belt tensioner issues, for a 2nd time. Engine was fixed at 14k miles now, now at 38k miles, it needs to be fixed again.

They are going to fix it after my trade gets here, thankfully.