Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heard that pre Covid there was about 60-90 days of inventory in the system and manufacturers will try to get that down to around 30

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heard that pre Covid there was about 60-90 days of inventory in the system and manufacturers will try to get that down to around 30

That makes sense. At that level, you probably won't need to go below MSRP often, and won't have year end clearances to get vehicles off the lot.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GLF5 ,

I can't remember what I got when I made my trades in August and October, and I have no desire to look at my paperwork either...lol.

I did walk away from a 23 Bronco Badlands that arrived in December after nearly 2.5 years due to the increased interest rates and getting my 22 37 PP instead of keeping my 2019.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I finally got what I really wanted and I'm not looking back. I suggest you do the same. Almost every vehicle purchase is a loss no matter how people try to say otherwise.

Sure, some deals are better than others, but it will still depreciate no matter what you do to it. Get what you can and move on! You'll forget all about it once you're in your new Raptor!

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12 months ago my 2019 802A Performance Blue truck was worth 64K on trade. 2 months ago it was down to 57K and as of today 52K. Sad because the truck I ordered 14 months ago is expected to be delivered in 3 days leaving me with a tough decision. I just posted the truck on Autotrader but not sure I will be able to move fast enough now.

Any suggestions on where to advertise besides auto trader?

Thanks
RaceDezert
Cars.com
Craigs List
Offer Up
FRF

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Gen 2 is going to appeal to those who would have otherwise gotten a new Lariat, or those that are more interested in off road over luxury, tech, or anything else. I have a hard time seeing people that had their heart set on a Gen 3 just settling, particularly since Gen 3 prices should come down as well.

For the people already in a Gen 2 looking to move to a Gen 3, which might be me, seems like it's best to just wait till the ratio between new and trade gets back to normal, which should be soon.
As a person that has had significant seat time in both, in my opinion th e difference between gen2.5 ( 19+) and gen3 are absolutely minimal. Which makes sense given that they share the same exact drive terrain. When it comes to looks I still have to point to family and friends what the differences all for them to realize it’s a different model and I’m often treated with an eye roll at the end. Having had both and recently sold both, if I were to buy one again , I wouldn’t hesitate to get a gen2.5 in low 50s ( and still under warranty) over an equivalent gen3 that is 30k more expensive.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a person that has had significant seat time in both, in my opinion th e difference between gen2.5 ( 19+) and gen3 are absolutely minimal. Which makes sense given that they share the same exact drive terrain. When it comes to looks I still have to point to family and friends what the differences all for them to realize it’s a different model and I’m often treated with an eye roll at the end. Having had both and recently sold both, if I were to buy one again , I wouldn’t hesitate to get a gen2.5 in low 50s ( and still under warranty) over an equivalent gen3 that is 30k more expensive.
ehhhhhhhh. There are some pretty huge differences

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What these manufacturers say they want to do and what happens, will be two different things. Has a single person learned what a liability "just in time" inventory systems are? Running inventory that close is incredibly challenging, and I can promise you they are not capable of doing it. Assuming supply chains normalize, things will go back to the way they were. Do you know how many incremental sales occur because the vehicle is on the lot? All it will take is one of the manufacturers to start producing and moving vehicles. If I had to wait months, and even that has not been certain, I would go buy something similar that was in stock same day. Thats how things work, unless you have a monopoly. Tons of TRX trucks were sold to those waiting on Raptors.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The last 2 years of the used car market was an outlier, it was unnatural. If you took advantage of it, great. If you didn’t, don’t worry about it. No consumer got rich from it. It was the equivalent of dabbling in day trading for a time.

IMO of course.
i had so much fun with it...

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, you want to laugh, follow this link (under) and see what's the price for a "regular" Raptor in France (Paris) I's crazy, and for that price you have already 600 miles on it and only 4 places bcs if the truck is announced 5 places you have to pay an incredible" ecotax" which (about 30M€) which is not included on this price... Happy to have bought mine two years ago in Florida...