Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93k when I sold it
Yeah I'm in Houston as well, noticed a steep drop in price. What was KBB estimating around when you sold? Was KBB close or "behind the times"? I'm trying to figure out if one of these websites for appraisals is anywhere near accurate.

Last edited:

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 months ago my 2019 802A Performance Blue truck was worth 64K on trade. 2 months ago it was down to 57K and as of today 52K. Sad because the truck I ordered 14 months ago is expected to be delivered in 3 days leaving me with a tough decision. I just posted the truck on Autotrader but not sure I will be able to move fast enough now.

Any suggestions on where to advertise besides auto trader?

Thanks
Just got $58k for my 2020 with 49,000 miles on trade in two weeks ago. What does kbb give you for trade in value?

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I traded my 2020 OW 800 A back in October, it had 27,000k miles and I got 64k trade in. It does seem prices are slowly falling for trade ins.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in Houston as well, noticed a steep drop in price. What was KBB estimating around when you sold? Was KBB close or "behind the times"? I'm trying to figure out if one of these websites for appraisals is anywhere near accurate.
KBB was high. I had it for sale over a month on FB Marketplace, CL, Ebay, AutoTrader, and eventually Cars and Bids. I went to multiple dealers.

It went from me getting cold calls and huge values before summer to lowballs and eventually people saying they weren’t comfortable buying anything.

One dealer that I am friends with the GM gave me a good value and when I called two weeks later, he said he might have to claim some insurance clause on loss of value of his used inventory

Esquire

Reaction score
I was offered between $48k and $58k on my 2019 802A in late December. I found the trade value depended on the mark up on the vehicle I was buying. I ultimately got $52k and paid MSRP for a 2023 Avalanche Raptor.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have noticed some pretty attractive pricing on the gen2 Raptors recently, seems like 50k can buy a very nice one