Trade Gen1 and my GT350R for Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would drive the 350 R more and keep the Gen1 as a occasional driver. If you don't like the 350r then sell it an wait for the 3rd Gen. I've heard of too many buybacks and issues with the Gen2s.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would drive the 350 R more and keep the Gen1 as a occasional driver. If you don't like the 350r then sell it an wait for the 3rd Gen. I've heard of too many buybacks and issues with the Gen2s.

There is nothing wrong with the Gen2s. Buybacks are the result of poor dealer service. There are a few known issues on 2017/2018 models and all have Service Bulletins to have the issues corrected.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict1

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I believe I will just hold on to the R and wait for the gen 3 to see what that holds. I do love the R..it is the best CAR I have ever owned. And I could see it being that car that I wished I would have never gotten rid of. So the best thing to do is just not get rid of it. I hope the gen 3 raptor isn't some sort of hybrid powertrain. I would hope for either an updated ecoboost or a v8 though I don't hold much hope for a v8. I actually really like the ecoboost now but if they could get more power out of it that is always a good thing!

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get rid of the Shelby. It's being discontinued for 21.
Keeping mine and getting ready to trade my AT4 to come back to Ford with a Raptor.

IMG_2595.jpg