Trade for 2014 Raptor and wait for 2018 or Keep My 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schaibaa

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat, fully loaded 2014 super crew (blue) with ~15K on it. Looks like it's worth more than I paid now, crazy.

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat, fully loaded 2014 super crew (blue) with ~15K on it. Looks like it's worth more than I paid now, crazy.

I bought my 2013 used about a year ago and a similar truck is $3k more. Even after I doubled the mileage! I've only had one two other vehicles hold their value like this and they are very limited prodcution runs. Honestly this was one of my reasons for buying a Raptor instead of building a F150 or Tundra up with a LT kit. Looks like I made the right call.

I'm very excited for the 2017 truck. But I'm tempted to wait and make sure their aren't any reliability issues with the 10spd drivetrain, twin turbo setup staying cool and seeing how the IWE holds up..

Also curious to see what the actual fuel mileage is. My buddies with eco boost trucks now barely get better mileage than I do and they are only turning 33" tires. I imagine the 10spds ability to keep the revs low and out of boost will help substanitally though.

Plan B may be to trade in my wife's vehicle and keep my 2013 LOL. I don't think she'd mind driving the Raptor! I'd rather get another Raptor than drop 50-60K on an SUV that's going to depreciate the second gas prices go back up.

Then we can decide which Gen is better by seeing who comes to rescue who ..

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2013 used about a year ago and a similar truck is $3k more. Even after I doubled the mileage! I've only had one two other vehicles hold their value like this and they are very limited prodcution runs. Honestly this was one of my reasons for buying a Raptor instead of building a F150 or Tundra up with a LT kit. Looks like I made the right call.

I'm very excited for the 2017 truck. But I'm tempted to wait and make sure their aren't any reliability issues with the 10spd drivetrain, twin turbo setup staying cool and seeing how the IWE holds up..

Also curious to see what the actual fuel mileage is. My buddies with eco boost trucks now barely get better mileage than I do and they are only turning 33" tires. I imagine the 10spds ability to keep the revs low and out of boost will help substanitally though.

Plan B may be to trade in my wife's vehicle and keep my 2013 LOL. I don't think she'd mind driving the Raptor! I'd rather get another Raptor than drop 50-60K on an SUV that's going to depreciate the second gas prices go back up.

Then we can decide which Gen is better by seeing who comes to rescue who ..

Please go with plan B so I can live vicariously through you.