TPS with Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ok, what's the secret to calibrate the TPS sensors on beadlocks? Just installed Method 105s in 17" and the sensors are not registering in the cluster throwing an error. Tire pressures are set 34/36 because I am still towing the boat for another day.

They registered for a little while but have since stopped.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhmmmm, sounds like dead batteries? They do fail after a while just like all batteries…

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. The rings have a bunch of steel fasteners.

It’s odd that they worked for a while before failing. That says batteries, but not likely all 4.

Try using the TPMS tool to trigger the sensors manually to see if they’re even working.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gotta drive over 20mph for 20min and should reset and pickup the sensors, or you can press the hazard button 10 times with the key on and follow the prompts on the dash.. youll have to let air out or put air in after each horn chirp...

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
gotta drive over 20mph for 20min and should reset and pickup the sensors, or you can press the hazard button 10 times with the key on and follow the prompts on the dash.. youll have to let air out or put air in after each horn chirp...

Well I drove over 4 hours Wednesday between 60-70 mph and still have the issue. Which is why I made this thread.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, there are 2 for the 2017 MY, and it was no small feat to identify which ones I needed - apparently the less popular TPMS.

So, since these are new wheels, are they new tires as well?
if all the components are new, you have wheel, tire and tpms as variables.
if tires are the same, I’d lean toward sensor / battery.

I’ve not heard scores of folks whine about no TPMS on here, so I suspect something on the simpler side since these did work for a little bit.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, there are 2 for the 2017 MY, and it was no small feat to identify which ones I needed - apparently the less popular TPMS.

So, since these are new wheels, are they new tires as well?
if all the components are new, you have wheel, tire and tpms as variables.
if tires are the same, I’d lean toward sensor / battery.

I’ve not heard scores of folks whine about no TPMS on here, so I suspect something on the simpler side since these did work for a little bit.

perhaps it still had the reading from the old sensors...