Toyo open country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to SEMA today and saw some awesome trucks with R/Ts everywhere. Tomorrow is the last day and I'm seriously wanting buy them. There's also so many trucks and jeeps with the too m/ts. So many choices.

Attachments

• 20141106_111726.jpg
    20141106_111726.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 20141106_111720.jpg
    20141106_111720.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 284
  • 20141106_111005.jpg
    20141106_111005.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that i have my winter duratracks on the truck i can say that the Duratracs are louder then the RTS by a good amount. and the RTs slide more easily then the duratrcas.

all in all I love the RTs for the purpose i bought them.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...and the RTs slide more easily then the duratrcas...

Can you elaborate on this? Slide more on wet pavement? Snow/ice? Dry pavement?

My biggest beef with my Toyo MTs on my last truck was how slippery they are in the rain. I'm not looking to go down that road again with the RTs.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this? Slide more on wet pavement? Snow/ice? Dry pavement? My biggest beef with my Toyo MTs on my last truck was how slippery they are in the rain. I'm not looking to go down that road again with the RTs.

That's exactly what I mean. More slippery in all wet conditions on pavement. There is little to no siping and a lot of flat rubber. So they slide easily. The RTs would let go in pretty modest rain. I'm not on it heavy by Im not dainty either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

SVTCQ

Reaction score
Just got my RTs installed on 17" Method NVs. What someone has said before, they look MUCH more aggressive in person. Saw them side-by-side with the MT and wasn't disappointed with the look of the RT. They're smooth, and much quieter than I expected. Only had them for a day so far but I'm loving them.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I mean. More slippery in all wet conditions on pavement. There is little to no siping and a lot of flat rubber. So they slide easily. The RTs would let go in pretty modest rain. I'm not on it heavy by Im not dainty either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hmm... I haven't had slippage problems with my RTs in the rain.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MTs are better than my Duratracs were in the rain. I'm actually really impressed with the MTs in the rain.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have almost 1k miles on the RTs and I'm happy with them. I haven't any dirt trails yet. I cant say anything about hoe they perform in wet conditions. That's the beauty of living in Vegas. Will update as soon as I take it offroad.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my first taste of winter driving last night with my R/T's. There wasn't much snow, but there was black ice. Id have to say the tires performed great. The tires only broke loose once, and that was when I put the pedal to floor to drift around a corner. I love winter!