Toyo open country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The balance/smoothness doesn't get worse. The wandering and looseness in steering does. I would say it's about same above 60. I guess it drifts side to side, so to speak.

How much air are you running in the tires? On my jeep every time I go get the 37's rebalanced they air the tires up to 35psi and I get the wandering in the front end. I deflate them back down to 27psi and it goes away.

If the tires are 35's and not a metric size then they are floatation tires and require a lot less air in them. Just a thought.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped them to 40 psi and some of the looseness disappeared.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my OEM's due to some poor tread wear (Side Story - I think my truck got out of alignment, Ford didn't rotate them a few times getting the "Works" package and as a result, the outer edges of my front two tires are really, really bad. Awful in fact...hard to prove Ford didn't rotate them. I started marking them after that visit)

Anywho....I live in Colorado and need a new tire. What I'm seeing is the R/T may lack a bit on the snow and ice traction?? Yeah/Neah? Do I look at the Duratrack or Nitto or go back to OEM?

Running stock wheels.

thanks!!!

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my OEM's due to some poor tread wear (Side Story - I think my truck got out of alignment, Ford didn't rotate them a few times getting the "Works" package and as a result, the outer edges of my front two tires are really, really bad. Awful in fact...hard to prove Ford didn't rotate them. I started marking them after that visit)

Anywho....I live in Colorado and need a new tire. What I'm seeing is the R/T may lack a bit on the snow and ice traction?? Yeah/Neah? Do I look at the Duratrack or Nitto or go back to OEM?

Running stock wheels.

thanks!!!

Nitto Trail Grapplers are less than ideal on snow/ice I'm finding out this last week or two here in Denver.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Trail Grapplers are less than ideal on snow/ice I'm finding out this last week or two here in Denver.

The newer Exo Grapplers are way better than the stock tires on ice and snow. They aren't a full winter tire like a Nokian but I've been happy with them especially since I will run them year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.

I stopped into Les Schwab tire and they talked me out of the R/T based on my driving habits (little off-road, snow and ice in CO, good highway tire, etc). They recommended the A/T II. Good looking tire, any comments?

mike.s

Reaction score
That's a good tire as well. I was thinking about that one too. A buddy of mine has had both and he says the RT is smoother on the highway than the AT2. You'll get more mileage, however, out of the AT2.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see way more snow and ice than mud, alas my truck's off-road excursions are few and far between....

*revokes Raptor card*