Towing with the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CAbimmer

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might have been the tailwind :). I think dropping down to 65 makes a big difference in mpg.

Yes, mid perch

Track was freezing in the am, but was nice later in the day.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hock, what kind of tractor you got?

Its a Newholland Boomer 30... I had a choice to get a harley or a tractor, ive been riding harleys my whole life but never had a tractor, so tractor won... ha ha ha and I really need it around the farm here and at my place in northern Mi.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Nice Hockster, the trailer I am looking at is 8.5 x 24 but not sure what the inside height is. I was hoping to be able to haul my Classic Bronco in it. the Bronco is 6'9" tall.

They can make trailers taller if you need. That one is about 6'6

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

might have been the tailwind :). I think dropping down to 65 makes a big difference in mpg.

Yes, mid perch

Track was freezing in the am, but was nice later in the day.

I had the 5.4 Scab and I now have 6.2 Screw and both got the same mpg's towing that trailer no better than 12mpg no matter what speed i drove 60-75

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related question: Looking to tow my Factory Five back to KS this summer for a car show. I found a rental trailer that weighs in at 3k, add another 2k for my FFR. I know this falls under threshold, but will it tear up the tranny or be fine?

Guess i'm looking for others that have towed 5k+ lbs

thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I towed that much with a 2005 Lincoln Aviator and did just fine beside up the hills through WV. I'm sure you'll be fine in a Raptor. Lol

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Hockster, the trailer I am looking at is 8.5 x 24 but not sure what the inside height is. I was hoping to be able to haul my Classic Bronco in it. the Bronco is 6'9" tall.

I had a 7x16 that I put a stock classic bronco in, no top though, u dont need a 24 footer. Im going to get and open car hauler for mine. U dont need 24 footer for a classic bronco.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I tow my crawler on open deck trailor, @7K, 1 mpg less than normal DD driving.