Tow Strap advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. The Bubba Rope looks cool but is a little more than what I'm looking to drop for something that may never get used.

I'll probably go with a 30k# test 2" recovery strap, no hooks.

good stuff as always!

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tow strap that is designed for combines and tractors. Its rated at 55,000lbs Paid $100 bucks like 8 years ago at a Tractor Supply company. This baby wont break even with the most wicked conditions!!

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I think I'm gonna do the 1-1/4"x30' one. I like the truck I'm pulling to be a little farther away.

Dave

Ive seen it to many times..........too short of a strap, guy in the stuck truck coming out of the hole and ramming the pulling truck!

Get a long strap and your good!!

Banned
Reaction score
have a short and a long. cant ever have to many tow/recovery straps

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tow strap that is designed for combines and tractors. Its rated at 55,000lbs Paid $100 bucks like 8 years ago at a Tractor Supply company. This baby wont break even with the most wicked conditions!!

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Ive seen it to many times..........too short of a strap, guy in the stuck truck coming out of the hole and ramming the pulling truck!

Get a long strap and your good!!

Totally agree! If it's someone I know and trust I'll use the 30' rope, if not I have a 108'!!

Dave

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like something compact that will fit under the rear seat (SCAB) since it'll probably be used once or twice ever.....

I was in the same position as the OP. I wanted something that I could use to be the occasional good samaritan on snowy days and such. I stumpled upon this at Target or Lowes and picked it up for about 15$

69533.jpg

I would not use it as a jerk strap for a full size rig axel deep in a mudhole but I used it several times for people stuck in the snow and a few times when a field gets used as a parking lot and the weather turns it to mud. Even rescued an AT&T service truck after he misjudged how muddy it was around a junction box.

Its not real long put its strong enough to help the general sedan driving public when they get in a jam and it doesnt take up much room in the truck.

ToolKing.com: Winston Products, Llc 171 14-Foot 9000-Lb Retractable Tow Strap

TT