Totaled or not?

Totaled or not?

• Totaled

Votes: 67 91.8%
  • Fix it

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Truck was moved about 20/25ft from where impact happened to where it finally came to rest

Whoa. I wasn’t there, but I’m hoping you’ve at least been checked over by an EMT. A lot of times adrenaline will mask injuries for hours. I strongly suggest getting yourself looked at if you already haven’t.

The truck looks pretty bad, I have to admit. Not sure what to make of it. 2017, I’d guess totaled but your truck is newer.

Glad you’re ok, good luck with the insurance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it could be fixed, how does it drive, does it pull to one side? lol. Glad nobody was hurt.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will have to wait on insurance. once damage reaches 70% of the value of the vehicle, it usually becomes totaled. being hit from a front tire is going to hide a lot of mechanical damage until it comes apart and even then, preliminary estimates wont be what the actual damage is. the shop will submit suppliments for additional found damage once it has been torn down, but it will have to factor into what the adjuster sees at the time of inspection. and how much the insurance is willing to risk. when i rolled my truck back in 2014 insurance was trying to save it. body shop said to total it. insurance started with the repairs but the body shop found more damage once it was torn down. the damage was structural so it was not repairable under the given budget of 70% of the value of my truck. insurance is stupid like this because they want it done as cheap as they can rather than listen to the experts at the body shop. my insurance paid out $115k at the end because they told the body shop to start fixing it. so the body shop ordered parts and tore the truck down. so they had to pay the shop for the work done, as well as pay out my claim policy. they should have listened to the shop in the first place. would have savd them $30k. so when it comes down to it, it will all depend on how dumb the adjuster is and how much they are willing to gamble on unseen damage. its amazing how little vehicle knowledge these adjusters have and thats where people like us (car people and those that spend a lot of their time around cars) have issues with insurance and adjusters. hopefully the adjuster assigned to your claim isnt a complete idiot

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards totaled but would need to see some additional pics. I believe Ford sells the front frame section as a repair part. Check the cab real well for any damage where the cab flexed. Roof, corners where the bed may have hit it, door openings for any paint chips. See how much property damage liability coverage the other guy has to make sure there’s enough room to handle the repairs to your truck. What state are you in?

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
In North Carolina right now, cab flexed a good bit- broke rear glass, passenger door was difficult to open initially (although after being opened and closed a few times progressively became more okay). The adjuster looks at it tomorrow so hopefully I will know by Tuesday what they say. Trying to get them to put it on a gram rack to check the frame given the impact and cab flex so that should say for certain on the frame.