Torque Pro Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard until now. I was originally trying to set up Torque as it apparently was the only one that worked with Android Auto.

It would be interesting to get the comparison between a real dyno and the app.

Maybe our resident tune tester, @Guy will do it.

I made a post here a week or two ago with links to instructions. You can also get YouTube working with Android Auto.

But before anyone flames me for the YouTube app, just know, I only watch YouTube on my screen while racing and doing top end runs on the way to Starbucks.

The picture below is an older setup. I'll try to get an updated picture because I have it looking really good. I have two sets of gauges. The first screen has 5 (timing, boost, afr, ambient temp, and intake temp). The second screen has 4 gauges (timing, torque, horsepower, and 1/4 mile time). It is hard to get a picture while doing it because plugging your phone in for AA disables the camera.

Attachments

• OBD2 Android Auto Sync 3.jpg
    OBD2 Android Auto Sync 3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 46

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
App definitely needs to work with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter. All ECU data, except accelerometer, comes from the truck. I use the OBDLink MX adapter.

You can definitely see how mods affect your truck. The 0-60 times is the most apparent. Then you have HP and Torque, which is OK if you calculate the weight of the truck perfectly. By OK, I mean I think it will get you in the ballpark, I don't think it is as accurate as strapping the truck to a dyno. Besides you can really skew the HP/Torque results if you run downhill or mess up the weight input.

But there is just a lot of stuff you can monitor. 1/4 mile time, exhaust back pressure, air input temperature...

what did you input for weight of truck?
im going to have to find a truck scale and get actual numbers.

OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started with supercrew weight, 5800. Then added my weight, weight of about 2/3 gas at time at 6lbs per gallon, added total extra weight of aftermarket wheels. ~24lbs. Then had a tonneau I had to calculate. I didn't have any spray liner in back..

My total was close to 6200. Not scientific but didn't see need for truck scale.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been using Torque pro for many years I love it.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/torque-pro-app-android-bluetooth-obd2-13742/#post204974

I have to admit that I haven't saved and uploaded newer videos in quite awhile.
Most of the posted videos are from when I only had the Stage 1 setup.

I will confirm all data that the Torque Pro App displays is accurate!!!
The app doesn't not convert any info!!!
(you set the weight to what ever you want is does not matter)
It displays exactly what the PCM is reading!!!
I never had the time to work with Hawkins to work out the Live PIDs (Ford codes) for the Raptor.
Would be nice to get more to display.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Any good iOS/iphone options? Looks like this app is android only.

I thought iphone is on the way out, you can't do anything with them but pay a lot of money. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will confirm all data that the Torque Pro App displays is accurate!!!
The app doesn't not convert any info!!!
(you set the weight to what ever you want is does not matter)
It displays exactly what the PCM is reading!!!

You seem to be at odds with Torque wiki which states it needs weight for just Hp/Tq.

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Horsepower

"Horsepower and Torque can be measured quite accurately though the app "Torque" - measurements taken are 'at the wheels', not at the flywheel

Setting up
It is quite important to fill out the vehicle profile for this with the correct weight of the vehicle"

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can have both PIDs displayed!

One has HP (at the crank)
the other is HP at the wheels.

I have played with the weight, I set it to 10 lbs. and still reported the same HP
I was curious about that myself.
And I have discussed this with Ivan Hawkins the app developer.
The app has been around a long time and since it does so many vehicles he is not rewriting instructions for every vehicle.
When he started the app OBDII was not widely used in Europe and other countries.
Having said all that I do leave the weight at 6,200lbs.

The OBDII Wide Band "PCM" needs both info for torque management and shift points.

You need to add the Track recorder plug-in if you haven't already!
How far have gone and played with change or made a custom page with live PIDs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't know there was a PID for HP at the crank. The only custom PID I have is for an equation I found online for Learned Octane Rating. It supposed to tell you the quality of your gasoline. Still evaluating it's effectiveness. Trying to see which station in my area has "better" 93. Value closer to 1 is 93 and closer to -1 is 86.

I'll look into track recorder, thanks.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a few plug-ins, just make sure there are from Ian Hawkins.

I edit all the PIDs, I like digital display.
I'm not sure if you know all you have to do is tap and hold a PID to change it or delete it and add new ones.
All the highlighted green lines are the ones the PCM allows Torque Pro to display.

Octane, I can tell you BP well have the best 93 since there are the major manufacture here in the states.

Last edited:

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't know there was a PID for HP at the crank. The only custom PID I have is for an equation I found online for Learned Octane Rating. It supposed to tell you the quality of your gasoline. Still evaluating it's effectiveness. Trying to see which station in my area has "better" 93. Value closer to 1 is 93 and closer to -1 is 86.

I'll look into track recorder, thanks.

What is the PID for octane?

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

You can have both PIDs displayed!

One has HP (at the crank)
the other is HP at the wheels.

I have played with the weight, I set it to 10 lbs. and still reported the same HP
I was curious about that myself.
And I have discussed this with Ivan Hawkins the app developer.
The app has been around a long time and since it does so many vehicles he is not rewriting instructions for every vehicle.
When he started the app OBDII was not widely used in Europe and other countries.
Having said all that I do leave the weight at 6,200lbs.

The OBDII Wide Band "PCM" needs both info for torque management and shift points.

You need to add the Track recorder plug-in if you haven't already!
How far have gone and played with change or made a custom page with live PIDs?

So, when I jumped on it, my HP gauge would say a maximum of like 140hp. I checked and my weight was set to 1600 kilos. I changed it to 3266 kilos, and now my horsepower is reading much higher, like 400s, whenever I jump on it.