Top perch/methods 2013. PICS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just broke my 2nd CV axle boots on top perch on a ******* highway !!!!!! Was driving 250km distance and saw smoke coming out... Moments later grinding noise from beneath , knew it was the axle LH (driver side)

This happened to me twice in less than a month now :(

Im serioulsy upset running on top perch .. I dont know what to do , i have deaver +3 and rear end is really high , i cant go back to low perch , im so frustrated about the stupid axles , i feel its the weakest link in the car and its not made out of good quality

Tried RCV and all the bad luck followed ..

Any suggestions ?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 and up with Torsen front end can not be any higher than 26.5" high (measured from center of wheel to fender lip)..

Until RCV releases generation 2 axles your options are limited... Go back to mid perch with stock shocks or get ICON front coilovers and adjust them to high mid/low top (26.5")...

I have been running this height for close to 7500 hard miles (since before TRR2) and no issues with blown joints..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 and up with Torsen front end can not be any higher than 26.5" high (measured from center of wheel to fender lip)..

Until RCV releases generation 2 axles your options are limited... Go back to mid perch with stock shocks or get ICON front coilovers and adjust them to high mid/low top (26.5")...

I have been running this height for close to 7500 hard miles (since before TRR2) and no issues with blown joints..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Mine is 2010...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you hav the stock bumper still?

I know that if you're on top perch with the stock bumper you'll have some problems but if you have an aftermarket bumper that weighs more than stock it'll help keep that nose down a bit.

I have a 2010 and I've been on top perch for almost 2 years now and I've only had one cv boot tear and that was my fault cause I ran over some logs and sticks and one poked a giant hole in it! I also have the ADD stealth front bumper that weighs about 125 pounds so it keeps that front suspension down about an inch it might sound stupid I know but hey that's what does it!

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
RCV Update

Anyone have an update on the RCV Axle? I want to go top perch if it can be fixed. Just went Mid this weekend and i'm very happy with it, but want more rake. I'm looking at lowering the rear 1" as another option.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have an update on the RCV Axle? I want to go top perch if it can be fixed. Just went Mid this weekend and i'm very happy with it, but want more rake. I'm looking at lowering the rear 1" as another option.

They are working on it. Getting all the kinks worked out. They have a 3rd generation that works but it is hell on IWE and needle bearings in hub assembly. Hopefully by the first of the year the prototype upgrades will be ready for testing.. I will keep everyone up to date..

My suggestion is to keep it mid perch until a fix is in place.. Unless you like replacing axles and IWE..

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are working on it. Getting all the kinks worked out. They have a 3rd generation that works but it is hell on IWE and needle bearings in hub assembly. Hopefully by the first of the year the prototype upgrades will be ready for testing.. I will keep everyone up to date..

My suggestion is to keep it mid perch until a fix is in place.. Unless you like replacing axles and IWE..

Woo, can't wait.