Took it out and -- oops!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just do what Dan did, chop the exhaust system off near the axle.

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might just have to get a new exhaust system for that 6.2!!!

Already ordered.

While I wait for the new parts, I'm going to modify my bent pipes with a torch and a Sawzall tomorrow or Wednesday and see if I can do a modified MMD mod. Thanks, Dan, for the photos you sent.

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not think that counts as damage...

Yes, as my Assistant Editor anwered my blog about this, "No body damage. I think you got off easy this time."

While the OE Ford Raptor exhaust wasn't cheap, it was relatively cheap tuition in the school of life (and driving Raptors where they shouldn't be).

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phil, it looked like you dinged up the exhaust pipe tips - was that the only damage? Did you replace the tips only? It sounds like you replaced more than that.

This is what I did rock crawling in Death Valley:

IMG_1939.jpg

And this is what I did on the other side - scarring to the underneath of the rear panel and the end of the bumper:

IMG_1940.jpg

And here's the mod I had done. Net result: no tips and less weight. I'm happy with the mod as I don't care for two huge pipes hanging down where they will get dinged up.

IMG_1980.jpg

Look Ma! No exhaust:

IMG_1976.jpg

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil, it looked like you dinged up the exhaust pipe tips - was that the only damage? Did you replace the tips only? It sounds like you replaced more than that.

I smashed the tips, but also kinked both pipes flat where they go over the axle. We tried heating, jacking, pulling, pushing, etc., but couldn't get the kinks out.

I installed the Ford Racing light bar and four 8" KC lights, as well as a Ford Racing skidplate today. Ford could have left a bit more slack in those upfitter wires!

Next week - Deaver springs, BedRug, Bakflip F1, as well as the new exhaust that will be here Monday. Once all that is done, I'll be installing an Auburn ECTED in the front diff.