Today on ABC World of X Games 17' Raptors Desert Run in Baja MX.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn missed it. Anyone know when they will upload it to YouTube?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got done watching this show. Great to see Raptors represented. Looks like an epic trip for sure. Now I gotta figure out when I can get down there and try this!!!

OP
OP
V

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Black Gen 2 Raptor had a good sound in a few of the shots as it was at speed. Looking forward to hearing it under a load in real time. Not a V8 by any means, but did sound good on the program today.

Sure, but difficult to hear with the music and narration. Also that 2017 Raptor had the issue with the power steering hose.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that was a '17.

I do not think it was the 17 with the busted hose. If you notice with the hood up on a Gen 1, the grill goes up with the hood, on the Gen 2 it does not. Might be wrong just saying, grill was up on the shot of them repairing the hose.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a Gen 1. Same shit happened to me a couple months back lol

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I ran into Greg Foutz this week and he's driving a black scab.

I'm sure all those of you who watched it would love to do something like this. .... me too. I did a little research and Desert Assassins is not a tour company so the Trail of Missions is by invite only. But there is another company Raptor Expeditions, which is also here on FRF, does these tours for a price. They joined forces with Outlaw Offload. I plan on joining them when my Raptor comes in. They have a bunch of youtube videos and there web site is here. Raptor Expeditions

Raptor Expeditions is Outlaw Offroad

EXO Offroad also does some Baja trips. They used to work with Conner at Raptor Expeditions then went on their own.

Treypal that started TRR also has done a few Baja trips and is planning another next year...I think?

There will also be trips of guys just going down to Baja for races too. You don't necessarily need to pay someone to take you to these places. Sometimes the groups of paid people tend to run at a higher speed because the leaders trucks are so well equipped. Don't go over your head on a big run like this for your first time. Get to know the truck and your limits and judge how much damage you are willing to do. You're driving at high speeds off road and an accident is most likely going to happen.

Just some food for thought

OP
OP
V

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor Expeditions is Outlaw Offroad

EXO Offroad also does some Baja trips. They used to work with Conner at Raptor Expeditions then went on their own.

Treypal that started TRR also has done a few Baja trips and is planning another next year...I think?

There will also be trips of guys just going down to Baja for races too. You don't necessarily need to pay someone to take you to these places. Sometimes the groups of paid people tend to run at a higher speed because the leaders trucks are so well equipped. Don't go over your head on a big run like this for your first time. Get to know the truck and your limits and judge how much damage you are willing to do. You're driving at high speeds off road and an accident is most likely going to happen.

Just some food for thought

EXO videos and site looks good to, especially their Grand Canyon, Lake Powell Utah trip. I defiantly want to do that one.
http://www.expeditionxoffroad.com

Personally I would be to worried about going to Baja unless it was with a big group as the cartels are to dangerous and running a truck like a Raptor down there you would have a target on your back. Safety in numbers :)