TMX Raptoberfest by TRR Oct 25-27 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
fyi....

i will be in attendance at this meet. i have sent a message to trey to get signed up. i will be bringing lots of "stuff"

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

and i will be available to do installs with time permitting. i will have some tools with me so anyone needing help or wanting something done can have some support. i will also try to give a hand where i can for other things as well.

Oh boy.... hahaha :slap:

achiro

Reaction score
I am registered! Now a little concerned I have enough time to get ready. First truck, first Raptor rally...totally stock. What do I buy first? I do have a nice YETI cooler!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noah, will u be bringing some already designed sub boxes for us scabs? Or that'll need to be pre -planned prior to the run?

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
Heads retrofitted by me!
FOR NOW!

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am registered! Now a little concerned I have enough time to get ready. First truck, first Raptor rally...totally stock. What do I buy first? I do have a nice YETI cooler!

I'm in the same boat....and after reading this forum for a month this is what I decided to do...

I've learned the Raptor has a few places where Ford dropped the ball.

In order to protect my investment and be able to drive home 3.5 hrs after the event I decided to start from the foundation....can't build a good house without a good foundation.

ICON Bump stop/ frame support - no bending the frame by an ooppss....

TMX Bed Stabilizers - don't want the bed sides flopping around and I'd like my tailgate to fit & be functional after the event.

RPG pwr. steering res. - don't wanna loose steering..that would be bad...

Mid Perch - adj the front shock height so as not to bottom out on the front skid plate.

Move wiring harness - Ford idiots left the damn thing below the frame in the front....jeeeezzz...

Move trailer wiring receptacle from bottom of bumper....move it beside lic. plate light.

Install Fire Extinguisher - I pulled the back panel off the console and mounted it there under the curve part where it can rest on the floor and be reached by anyone in the truck.

Install hi-lift jack mount in bed.

Cargo net and tie-down straps for the tool box & stuff in the bed....can't afford a rack yet.

I wanted to get a bunch of lights and all the fancy, cool, glittery stuff...but...I had to go with protecting my investment and start with the items listed above.

All this stuff was bolt on and so easy to install...even an AGGIE can do it....

There are so many things you can do....the decision is up to you, your bank account and the amount of time you have....1 month to "getterdone...!!"

Hope this helps....

See ya at Raptoberfest....

DT 714

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat....and after reading this forum for a month this is what I decided to do...

I've learned the Raptor has a few places where Ford dropped the ball.

In order to protect my investment and be able to drive home 3.5 hrs after the event I decided to start from the foundation....can't build a good house without a good foundation.

ICON Bump stop/ frame support - no bending the frame by an ooppss....

TMX Bed Stabilizers - don't want the bed sides flopping around and I'd like my tailgate to fit & be functional after the event.

RPG pwr. steering res. - don't wanna loose steering..that would be bad...

Mid Perch - adj the front shock height so as not to bottom out on the front skid plate.

Move wiring harness - Ford idiots left the damn thing below the frame in the front....jeeeezzz...

Move trailer wiring receptacle from bottom of bumper....move it beside lic. plate light.

Install Fire Extinguisher - I pulled the back panel off the console and mounted it there under the curve part where it can rest on the floor and be reached by anyone in the truck.

Install hi-lift jack mount in bed.

Cargo net and tie-down straps for the tool box & stuff in the bed....can't afford a rack yet.

I wanted to get a bunch of lights and all the fancy, cool, glittery stuff...but...I had to go with protecting my investment and start with the items listed above.

All this stuff was bolt on and so easy to install...even an AGGIE can do it....

There are so many things you can do....the decision is up to you, your bank account and the amount of time you have....1 month to "getterdone...!!"

Hope this helps....

See ya at Raptoberfest....

DT 714

There are all good suggestions.

I would start with
Mid Perch and alignment.
SDHQ Frame Reinforcement Kit

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

Really the only must for off-roading is mid perch mod. Otherwise you'll crush your skid plate without even trying.
The rest of these mods are just gravy. Do a couple Raptor Runs and you'll become wiser about what to spend your money on.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They divide the drivers into 3 classes usually, and it inst a completion at all. They usually let the more experienced drivers leave the start line first and then stagger the rest by experience groups. This happens on the 1st run of the day, after that, it is open season. Like everyone says, just keep your speed to your comfort level, enjoy your self and build confidence. After a couple runs, youll be screaming Yee Haw and wanting more.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, the only issue is how many. i have to preship everything. i am building away right now..... well not right at this moment, im still in bed, but i have 5 boxes in the build process. if you want one, let me know and i can throw your name on one.