tires throwing rocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced random rocks landing on your windshield while driving on dirt roads??? And no one is around to throw them at you?? I have a new star on my windshield from this misterious occurance.

images

OP
OP
B

bossman216

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, is it behind the antenna? Some members, myself included, have had the antenna whip back and crack the windshield.

It wasn't the antenna. I saw the rock (about the size of a grape) bounce off the windshield onto the hood…….. May have been some little jack a** throwing rocks at cars???? Whatever it was its not good!

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry bossman, it has happened to me also. Depends on the tires about how bad and often it happens.

Those guys that say it's impossible obviously have never gotten their trucks dirty, mall crawlers and the kind that regularly wash and wax their trucks. :rotflmao:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess if your tire put some wicked english on the rock as it thru the rock in front of the truck so that the truck 'runs into' the rock causing it to hit the windshield, then yes, I can see it happening.... :)

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock BIG tires slung rocks like crazy.

New Nittos fixed that problem. The BFGs were like glue.

OP
OP
B

bossman216

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said I saw the rock and there were no other vehicles around. Not sure how it could have been anything else other than the tires....