tires and speed ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you think 74lbs is a lot? You have to add weight to have more rubber and a greater life span and durability... You really won't notice a difference, at least I didn't!

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
T speed rating is faster than S, S is 112 mph, and the stock tires come with that rating, T is 118 mph and there are two tires in the stock tire size that I have found with that rating, the nitto dune grapplers, which look awesome, and the bfgoodrich baja t/as that are what a lot of trucks use running the baja 1000, but they cost a lot

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lmao, have you tried to stop the truck hard without activating the abs on pavement, it actually stops pretty well in my opinion, over 65 to 0 in less than the length of two small properties in the middle of Sacramento, i'll try to go back and see how far it was in feet, but i'm guessing just over 100 feet, and considering the best braking sports cars on the street do it just under 100 feet, that's pretty good

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Young and dumb! Triple digits on a public road for an extensive period of time........you sir are an idi@t!

End rant.

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, don't call someone an idiot without knowing them, you come across as an idiot yourself, and I've owned my truck for over 2 years now, not only have I not crashed mine driving the way I do, mine doesn't even have a scratch on it besides where the brush is too tight on my road, even then it's barely surface scars, the most terrifying drivers on the road are the older people (30-50 years old) who have become complacent and no longer pay attention to the road, driving how I do keeps me constantly observant, so when the idiot in front of me realizes at the last second everyone in front of him has come to a stop, I can leave multiple car lengths between me and him and allow myself to slow at a reasonable pace so the idiot behind me won't have to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting me, and if he does hit me he obviously was not paying any attention to the road and can't say I slammed on the brakes out of nowhere

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lmao, have you tried to stop the truck hard without activating the abs on pavement, it actually stops pretty well in my opinion, over 65 to 0 in less than the length of two small properties in the middle of Sacramento, i'll try to go back and see how far it was in feet, but i'm guessing just over 100 feet, and considering the best braking sports cars on the street do it just under 100 feet, that's pretty good

Motor trend tested the 60-0 braking of the Screw, and it was 146 feet. NOT GOOD! My STI was 106-ft for comparison.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ Young and dumb! Triple digits on a public road for an extensive period of time........you sir are an idi@t!

End rant.

I drive my truck 90-100 mph everyday. I get passed like its nothing. I would rather drive my 6200lb safe, secure, stable truck at those speeds than my 95 nissan that feels like its going to break apart anytime I hit an expansion joint.

It's the autobahn. Everyone does it and there is very rarely a wreck.

If he wants to drive those speeds, let him. He's the one paying a ticket. You have nothing invested in him or his truck.

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motor trend tested the 60-0 braking of the Screw, and it was 146 feet. NOT GOOD! My STI was 106-ft for comparison.

did motortrend do it on dirt? It was about 150 feet on my map app from the last undulation (big speed bump) to the stop sign, I was doing between 65 and 70 and didn't start braking until after my back tires left the undulation, that would bring it down to 130 feet or less to the stop sign, and I stopped 5 feet before it, lets say I was in the middle of my speed estimate (65 was how fast I was going the last time I looked at the speedometer before I went over the undulations and I was still accelerating through them, so I could've been going even faster than 70, but I don't think I was), that would be 67-0 in 115-125 feet, not bad for a 3 ton truck, like they say, car magazines vs. real world, there can be a big difference

I drive my truck 90-100 mph everyday. I get passed like its nothing. I would rather drive my 6200lb safe, secure, stable truck at those speeds than my 95 nissan that feels like its going to break apart anytime I hit an expansion joint.

It's the autobahn. Everyone does it and there is very rarely a wreck.

If he wants to drive those speeds, let him. He's the one paying a ticket. You have nothing invested in him or his truck.

I love the autobahn so much, as well as the nurburgring, most fun I've ever had, you sir live in the best driving country in the universe

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, don't call someone an idiot without knowing them, you come across as an idiot yourself, and I've owned my truck for over 2 years now, not only have I not crashed mine driving the way I do, mine doesn't even have a scratch on it besides where the brush is too tight on my road, even then it's barely surface scars, the most terrifying drivers on the road are the old people (30-50 years old) who have become complacent and no longer pay attention to the road, driving how I do keeps me constantly observant, so when the idiot in front of me realizes at the last second everyone in front of him has come to a stop, I can leave multiple car lengths between me and him and allow myself to slow at a reasonable pace so the idiot behind me won't have to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting me, and if he does hit me he obviously was not paying any attention to the road and can't say I slammed on the brakes out of nowhere

I hate to tell you this my young friend but at 51 have had more high hp vehicles including a 800hp boss hoss with a 540 Shsfiroff race motor built for the specific application. Have gone faster in a shorter amount of time than you will most likely in your lifetime.

The comment you make about people with experience is ill advised. It is not smart to run this truck at extended intervals in the triple digits. You need to get a little more experience my young friend