tires and speed ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking for tires that will fit on the stock wheels and 35" in diameter that have a speed rating of T (118mph) or higher that are still good offroad, I have found the baja t/as and nitto dune grapplers, but I don't know about the capabilities of the nittos and I want to find something more around the speed rating H (130mph), just will settle for T if I have to, does anyone know of any tires like this?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking for "high speed" tires for the Bullrun rally, the only ones I have found Q,R,S rated tires..

If you want higher than that you have to settle with larger rims and low profile street tires...

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, I plan on removing the limiters for both top speed and throttle, probably when I get a whipple, so I want tires that can handle the increased speed, and to squatting dog, the baja T/As are the same size as the factory tires, were used by the raptor R during it's run at the baja 1000, so they can't be that bad of offroad tires, and have a speed rating of T, I just haven't set myself on them yet cause I know the truck is capable of higher speeds than that

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
short bursts of speed is not the problem it's the miles of high speed when the tires start to get hot.

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Twice I've run the truck at the speed limiter for over 2 hours straight, I wouldn't put it past myself to go even faster for the same amount of time

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twice I've run the truck at the speed limiter for over 2 hours straight, I wouldn't put it past myself to go even faster for the same amount of time

Not for long and you probably won't see 30!

OP
OP
Cleave

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't do the weaving through traffic shit, that was on an empty freeway devoid of life

FishingBen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far Falken has the highest rating I've seen for a 35" and its an S rating. But they weigh a lot. I'm torn between wanting to quiet ride, mileage longevity, and speed rating of the Falkens and taking the weight penalty or getting the Goodyear duratracs and saving the weight and having a more aggressive looking tire but with a Q speed rating.