Tire replacement time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slingshot60

Reaction score
Was it in 4A or 2 WD when it happened?
2WD... I changed to 4A immediately after. Had driven in rain many times before and never had this problem. Now have had it twice in 3 weeks. First one really scared me--driving 70 mph pulling my boat (prob 6500 lbs) and the rear slipped and kicked out to the right, that made the boat trailer start swaying back and forth. Was able to get it under control after a few seconds. Sphincter tightening moment for sure...

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing at all. That is indeed the car I drive the most and I have been happy with the tires. I was agreeing with you saying you liked them.
My apologizes, I thought jokes were being made. It's a very clean car. I like it.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2WD... I changed to 4A immediately after. Had driven in rain many times before and never had this problem. Now have had it twice in 3 weeks. First one really scared me--driving 70 mph pulling my boat (prob 6500 lbs) and the rear slipped and kicked out to the right, that made the boat trailer start swaying back and forth. Was able to get it under control after a few seconds. Sphincter tightening moment for sure...

Honestly with any type of off road tire and a truck with little weight over the rear axle I always use 4A in the rain, why not?

With that said you’re at a good time to replace, and for what you do I think it’s hard to beat the ko2, but the at3 and wildpeak are both great options.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I can see how you thought I was joking. I built the car as a toy/joke but with current gas prices I drive it to work most days. Its pretty hilarious.
I've kinda always wanted to build a smart car after this one I seen on instagram but never really had the motivation or funds to do it lol.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've kinda always wanted to build a smart car after this one I seen on instagram but never really had the motivation or funds to do it lol.
It’s a lot of fun but was a lot of work for sure. Most people smile and give a good look but I’ve had some young guys attempt to make fun of me. About 3 weeks ago I had a 40ish year old guy in what looked like a 2013 f150 xlt with a raptor grille laugh and tell me to keep working to save up for a real car haha

Last edited:

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a lot of fun but was a lot of work for sure. Most people smile and give a good look but I’ve had some young guys attempt to make fun of me. About 3 weeks ago I had a 40ish year old guy in what looked like a 2013 f150 xlt with a raptor grille laugh and tell me to keep working to save up for a real car haha
did you laugh and then tell him he should be saving up for a real truck?