Tire replacement time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently have the stock 37 KO2's. Hate these and hated the stock KO2s on my 2020 as well. They don't balance well at all and are noisy with very few miles on them. I have always liked nitto tires. I will get the ridge grappler again when these get more worn. They are heavy but ride a lot better and look a lot better in my opinion.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s happened to you more than likely is heat cycle fatigue. Your tread is plentiful, but the “stick” is fading or gone. I’ve had that on motorcycle, car and now truck tires. My stock KO2’s began to lose ‘stick’ at around 36k as well. I swapped them at 42 or 44k miles. I do a lot of driving in 4a, don’t tow and I had to take it easy on turns for sure. Well... not really, the truck cuts so much power on turns it’s nearly impossible to break loose with the electronic nannies engaged but I definitely heard a lot more protest from my tires as they got close to 40k miles.

This makes sense. A TX thing? I’m having the same issues at 35k miles on original K02’s which only have about 5k miles of tread left. Rear-end breaks loose with even minimal water on the road and I definitely take each corner with a heightened sense of purpose. Started noticing it a few months ago. Never worried about KO2 wet handling abilities before that.

This makes sense. A TX thing? I’m having the same issues at 35k miles on original K02’s which only have about 5k miles of tread left. Rear-end breaks loose with even minimal water on the road and I definitely take each corner with a heightened sense of purpose. Started noticing it a few months ago. Never worried about KO2 wet handling abilities before that. I‘m trying to decide between KO2’s and KM3’s. The KO2’s have never let me down off-road but wet TX clay/mud can bring them to their knees. I seem to find myself in that mud several times a year but don’t know if it’s worth sacrificing the KO2 pavement benefits for the occasional mud runs. Some tire installers can add siping to tires…maybe adding a few siping channels to the KM3’s would create a good trade off?

cammac50

Reaction score
Cobb Stage 2 installed, shortly after owning. Last 5 thousand miles or so, lots of slipping on road, especially wide line marks. I shift to 4 A and no slipping, unless aggressive on peddle...
I will be replacing with same KO2s .
FYI, BF worked with Ford to develop this tire,. That tire size with a speed and load didn't exist before the Raptor, just food for thought.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have General Grabber A/T and I have been happy with them for the last 17k miles