Tire Help, Straight Answers, PLEASE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Are the stock BFGs really that bad? If so, then why are they installed at the factory.

Also any chance of a dealer changing tires out before I take delivery? I would not mind paying a little convienence fee to get different tires.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Are the stock BFGs really that bad? If so, then why are they installed at the factory.

Also any chance of a dealer changing tires out before I take delivery? I would not mind paying a little convienence fee to get different tires.

The stock tires are the most quiet, smoothest riding tire that works OK in most off-road situations. Ford sells Raptors all over the country and most of them don't see dirt. For the intended purpose the stock BFG's are the best choice.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
stock tires will do just fine, unless you plan on some decently heavy wheeling/mudding/rock crawling/trail bashing you will be just fine.

I took my truck the same places with the half worn down stockers as i did my new MTR's, the MTR's just made much better work of the mudbog then the stockers would have.

OP
OP
B

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the bfg's are coming off, this leaves Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5x17 at around 74.74 lbs each or toyo open country mt which I don't know the weight on yet. Comments? I'm leaning goodyear.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The Duratracs are rated higher for severe snow and ice than the MT/R, if that means anything for you

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
B

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dura tracks don't seem as tough for the AZ rocks.. most of our trails have been rocky.. rocky at speed, washboard with rocks, etc..

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2 cents with isn't worth 1, but if you want a tough tire for rocks get some Nitto Mud Grapplers. Right now I'm running them on 3 different trucks and sold my 4runner than was sold with them on it. Personally unless its a car I'm running mud grapplers.

I was l--l close to taking a pic of them all together. If I would have I would have never needed the pic but now look at me. :emotions122:

axel

Reaction score
Run some races with the bajalite, ran over all kinds o stupid sh**, kevlar bands, and have yet to get a flat. My bud drives like a whiskey bent lunatic in his dd screw and has over 35000 miles on them(factory tires lasted him 11k) Flat spots, chunks, etc. I'm amazed..Road noise about the same as factory, great in sand, rocks, decent in the gumbo. Note..They are not street legal, race use only stamp on side. "non issue as of yet" They are a pricey. Great all around long lasting tire, I like the look of mud grips-hate the road whine, and tire life.