Tire advice- Stock rims/Suspention with 37's Baja TA's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI. The Projects run like shit on the pavment. Be prepared...

Define "run like shit"? :rockit:

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Define "run like shit"? :rockit:

Found it, http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/bfg-projects-11503/index3.html

The rain gets sketchy on the 405 :/

They spin and load up in compacted snow/ice.

They are soft and chunk according to Jason in the above thread. (I think thats what he said)

Might have to go with Toyo's.

I do like that the projects get less traction to help save the tranny.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a guy on RDC who can order them for me for $2000 for a set of 4 and have them in 2 days. I really don't want to pay that much because I have seen the DOT ones for $800 a set on here, and other used ones for around a few hundred each.

If I bought these BFG Projects (KR's), and didn't like them after a few thousand miles, how much could I sell them for? Are these ones worth any more than the rest of the tires I see in the massive tire stock piles?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Get the Projects and try them out. If you don't like them get a set of AT's for everyday driving. It's so much nicer hauling ass across the desert without the worry of getting a flat...well worth the $$:peace:

If you do want to get rid of them after a few thousand miles you can probably get close to what you paid.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Projects and try them out. If you don't like them get a set of AT's for everyday driving. It's so much nicer hauling ass across the desert without the worry of getting a flat...well worth the $$:peace:

If you do want to get rid of them after a few thousand miles you can probably get close to what you paid.

Just ordered them. :D

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pick them up Monday or Tuesday from la. Should I mount them on stock rims or pick up some methods with beadlocks?

Will the clearance be different between the two rims? If so, how?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I would go with the Methods. The rim is 9" wide compared to 8.5" wide. Also the offset on the Methods will make the tires stick out just enough to be flush with the fenders. Plus the Methods are a little less weight than the stockers I believe.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the clearance up front when turning? Seems like you'd want the tires farther from the body, to clear when turning. Thanks for all the help.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot of googling, I found a Project mounted on a stock raptor rim:
137689d1320638564-projectscale2.jpg

They said its 110lbs mounted, Wheel and Tire = Weight - Page 2

I ordered the fiberglass fenders from Outlaw today. Just need to get them painted cheep where around the LAX area. I was thinking of Hiros auto body on Hawthorne, they do great body and paint work for cheap.

Tires are getting shipped to me today.

I will go to top perch soon as well, then get the tires mounted on the stock rims and aligned Adjusting your front Fox Coil-Overs (unless I get $800 for rims sometime soon)

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't go too cheap on paint work. You'll regret it over time...

The better question though is what's that SUV in the background of your pic rocking Methods on a low-pro tire???

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Btw.... i have a shop in Hawthorne. Hawthorne | Hi-Tech Collision and Glass Centers

Let me know if you want me to quote you out on install and paint.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't go too cheap on paint work. You'll regret it over time...

The better question though is what's that SUV in the background of your pic rocking Methods on a low-pro tire???

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Btw.... i have a shop in Hawthorne. Hawthorne | Hi-Tech Collision and Glass Centers

Let me know if you want me to quote you out on install and paint.

I was going to do the install, but if you know someone who can get me a quote on the paint, I would appreciate it. My goal is under $500.