Those that ceramic coated ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as maintenance with the coating , how much of a pain is it? I go through spells where I won’t wash the truck for months. Will this be an issue ?

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to diy ceramic coat.

I used Beadmaker last summer and it held up well through the winter.
I agree with this. If you can afford the time, the DIY stuff is actually really good. Did mine last summer, holding up well. Bottle claims good for 3 years.

Even if I have to do it every 18 months, my total for detailing supplies was about $150.

And you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s worth it but that quote seems high. I paid 1200 for opti coat pro plus. 7 year

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have ceramic pro and a full wrap. No regrets but I think the wrap will be more beneficial than ceramic if you’re looking for protection.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as maintenance with the coating , how much of a pain is it? I go through spells where I won’t wash the truck for months. Will this be an issue ?

IMO it's probably even more of an advantage for someone like you. My buddy stopped here this afternoon with his ZR-2, Dusk edition, bright red, sport bar with spare in the bed, black wheels, ceramic coated, nice truck. He off roads frequently, he has about 800 acres to drive and hunt on. He might wash it once a year, maybe. We had several heavy rain storms in the last week and his truck is all shiny and clean looking! As long as you don't look real close at it, you would think he just washed it. He was just laughing today about how good it looks for a guy that never washes it.

Here's a great example with mine from about 2 months ago. I had been out in several feet of snow for 1/2 a day driving around like an idiot, on and off road. I drove it home, knocked as much heavy snow off from underneath as I could, and parked it in the garage. The second picture is from the next morning! It looks like my butler came and detailed it while I was sleeping! I've had several times where I thought it was about due for a wash and after a heavy rain it looks real good again without touching it and doesn't need one.

upload_2021-3-23_22-13-15.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-13-48.png

Last edited:

Heinz

Reaction score
I agree with this. If you can afford the time, the DIY stuff is actually really good. Did mine last summer, holding up well. Bottle claims good for 3 years.

Even if I have to do it every 18 months, my total for detailing supplies was about $150.

And you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with this. If you’re willing to spend a day or two in the garage, the consumer grade ceramic coatings are excellent. If you don’t have as much time, there are some great spray sealants out there that have excellent self cleaning properties. Beadmaker isn’t the most hydrophobic or longest lasting, but it’s my favorite for gloss & slickness. I apply it on top of my ceramic coated paint.

Personally, if I were going to spend $2k, I’d rather put it towards paint protection film which is much more protective.

Flgator

Reaction score
I actually had the modesta bc04 applied within days of getting my truck so no paint correction needed. I’ve had it a year now and have washed it maybe 4 times because it constantly looks great after the rain. Always do the modesta sprays right after the wash and i swear I see dust slide off. Will do it on any new car I own in the future.