Ceramic Coating Question(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farva5803

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning Y'all-

Quick question for those in the group that have ceramic coating. I just got mine back a few weeks ago with full front PPF and Modesta ceramic. Also had the windows coated with whatever they use to keep the water beading off. The shop gave me a list of products to use during car washes, but between full washes do you guys just spray your trucks off at a rack and dry them? We had some snow here in Northern VA and I'm in the middle of a six month SWAT course so I don't have time to do a full wash at the moment but would like to get the grit and grime off.

Thanks and enjoy y'alls weekend!

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can spray it down, but don’t dry it with towels since you didn’t wash it to remove all the dirt. If you do decide to dry it, flip your towel on every panel and use a few towels. Of course this is only my recommendation and what i’d do, others may have a different perspective

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea id just spray it off just to get as much off as possible. in the winter thats all I do because I like to hand wash. I just got my gen 3 a week ago. I didn't ceramic my gen 2. I am this one. trying to do it as quick as I can and not wait until spring. thinking within a week or two.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2019 I bought a Raptor, XM5 and 911 within about three months of each other and i paid the same person to apply Ceramic Pro, I would never do it again. Maybe, it was the guy that did it, I don’t know, but each vehicle cost me about a grand +/- to have it treated. That said, if the damn truck ever is delivered, I will have KAVACA, treated with Ceramic Pro installed on the truck. in regards to the first three vehicles I described, it wore off within 12-18 months.

westwind

Reaction score
I went the ceramic pro route for the first time on my gen 3.

I did it to reduce maintenance. It was a mistake from my perspective, it only made my life hard in regard to how I wash my truck. My god it waterspots if I don’t wash and dry. I live in the country in the Midwest and have hard water so I can’t just give it a quick rinse out of the hose.

Am I not thinking about this right?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ceramics are great if you do the upkeep except one problem. It creates an insulating barrier which increases the surface static change making the vehicle a dust magnet. I would spend hours detailing only to have a very even coat of dust after driving one mile of dirt roads to pavement. Solution, hit the touchless wash after detail. PITA! After that, no massive dust pick up as the drive thru removed the surface static. If someone has a solution, please share it!

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the ceramic pro route for the first time on my gen 3.

I did it to reduce maintenance. It was a mistake from my perspective, it only made my life hard in regard to how I wash my truck. My god it waterspots if I don’t wash and dry. I live in the country in the Midwest and have hard water so I can’t just give it a quick rinse out of the hose.

Am I not thinking about this right?
I have a spotless rinse system. Works great for this.
I used to use a leaf blower to dry before the spotless rinse... that works well too.

aiannarelli

Reaction score
Might want to try RejeX. It is a polymer coating with quartz and ceramic in it. It is easier to apply than wax and will last 9-12 months depending on use. The point is it is so easy to use that anyone can apply it. Sometimes I just do the front end every 9 months because that is the typical abuse area.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are different levels of ceramic pro depending on the amount of layers. I love mine with the 10yr warranty, would do it on any car I care about. The water spots are due to your water, at the minimum get a filter that connects to your hose, the one I use is a “RV in line” type filter, helps a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts