Thinking about ordering a 2014 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jedi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been kicking around getting one of these bad a$$ trucks for a while. I've been a ford F150 screw driver for a while now and have drooled over these raptors since I saw one.

I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a 2014, but I don't know if I should or not.

Does anyone know what the new specs are, i did a google search and I've been reading some misc things, but nothing official.

Also, not that I really care, but whats the realistic avg mpg with these trucks? I got a 5.4 in my f150 now and I'm use to the mpg in that, but when i read 10mpg it makes me cringe with gas prices $4+ these days.

Has anyone ordered theirs? If so how long does it take on average?

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

OP
OP
J

jedi

Reaction score
11 or 12 mpg is what I get. You will not be sorry if you get it.

Yeah i'm not too drastically worried, I'm use to driving a 575rwhp ws6, but then again I was living in Houston at the time so gas was rather cheap.

Now I'm just on the hunt to find either a 2013 or ordering a 2014.

Anyone know where a Blue nicely optioned super crew raptor is? I'm in the Midwest, but I'm willing to travel.

I don't know if I could wait a few months to order one, I'm like a kid when it comes to buying things, I want it now. :)

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. We get anywhere from 12-14 mpg. After 14 months, 36 thousand miles, 5 raptor runs and 8 thousand miles towing our truck average is 12.4. Good luck with finding/ordering your raptor!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Welcome! Might be better off finding a 13 if you can't wait, otherwise you will have to wait until at least August to place an order plus another 3 months until you see the truck.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can you pull the trigger on a 2014 when the 2014 order banks have not open yet? And when the 2014 order banks do open then you won't get your truck until December. And the specs will be the same as the 2013. options may change slightly but no one will know for sure until the 2014 order guide is released.

Hello everyone,

I've been kicking around getting one of these bad a$$ trucks for a while. I've been a ford F150 screw driver for a while now and have drooled over these raptors since I saw one.

I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a 2014, but I don't know if I should or not.

Does anyone know what the new specs are, i did a google search and I've been reading some misc things, but nothing official.

Also, not that I really care, but whats the realistic avg mpg with these trucks? I got a 5.4 in my f150 now and I'm use to the mpg in that, but when i read 10mpg it makes me cringe with gas prices $4+ these days.

Has anyone ordered theirs? If so how long does it take on average?

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Last edited:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. We get anywhere from 12-14 mpg. After 14 months, 36 thousand miles, 5 raptor runs and 8 thousand miles towing our truck average is 12.4. Good luck with finding/ordering your raptor!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

This is spot-on what we get. If this is an issue, I would go with the Ecoboost.