think my brakes are fried

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll put my posi quiets tru the ringer and let you all know. Figuring with my Screw, 37 Toyos , Kirks old chase rack, 2 more Toyos in rack, jack and tools and my fat ass it's enough weigh to make them sweat! I'll let you all know.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could they be glazed over or something?

uvanu3at.jpg

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i actually prefer hawk to EBC in my experiences

Which Hawk pads did you run and on what? I've heard mixed reviews on them as well but haven't run any personally.

I had some ceramic pads (don't know brand) on my 4runner that came with it when I bought it and they were scary to say the least. If I would run through some water on the street and coat the rotors/pads they wouldn't do any thing until the water was burnt off. First couple times this happen to me I was pretty freaked out.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which Hawk pads did you run and on what? I've heard mixed reviews on them as well but haven't run any personally.

I had some ceramic pads (don't know brand) on my 4runner that came with it when I bought it and they were scary to say the least. If I would run through some water on the street and coat the rotors/pads they wouldn't do any thing until the water was burnt off. First couple times this happen to me I was pretty freaked out.

I believe it was the HPS and it was on my GMC. Also ran them on my buddy's Silvy SS.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it was the HPS and it was on my GMC. Also ran them on my buddy's Silvy SS.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cool! I had a buddy just a few hrs ago say he put some Hawks on his mustang for our track day in a week and a half. Interested to see what he says about them as well. He said they were "race" pads but I dont know the exact ones, but i'll ask.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope its road course track at Hallett. Its just 30 mins straight west of Tulsa, OK.

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit

We as a car group rent it out for a day and have 20-25 car limit. We usually do 10-15 mins at a time with 4 groups. Its pretty cool and only comes out to a hundred bucks a car for the day.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got EBC Green's and they are awesome. They have a thin layer of aggressive compound when new, to help deglaze the rotors.