"the Tune" by SVC vs. 93 Perf Tune by 5*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll send you a PM today. I assume you just need the info I have stage 3 motorsports.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

We will just need the regular info you gave Stage 3 (PCM, Gear Ratio, Mods Done) for your vehicle and we will get the new tune out to you. Just let us know what octane you're after =)

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this be considered an adjustment to prior tunes or an altogether new tune? I have "lifetime" tunes through 5* and have only had one adjustment to them...and honestly it took so long to get it that I altogether wrote you all off and went with SVC...i would be willing to give this tune it's fair shot though for comparisons sake.

With the exception of taking a long time to get my one revision from 5* (mine came right away) my situation is basically identical to SlimChaChi. I too have switched to SVC, but would be willing to give the 5* another chance, if it was a free revision (e.g. similar to how SVC offered all of their existing customers a free upgrade to version 2.0 of their tune). So, just to clarify, is this a free upgrade for existing 5* customers? Thanks.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the exception of taking a long time to get my one revision from 5* (mine came right away) my situation is basically identical to SlimChaChi. I too have switched to SVC, but would be willing to give the 5* another chance, if it was a free revision (e.g. similar to how SVC offered all of their existing customers a free upgrade to version 2.0 of their tune). So, just to clarify, is this a free upgrade for existing 5* customers? Thanks.

Our email tunes are typically 105 for 1 tune, 160 for 2 and 200 for 3 unique tunes. The Daily Street Tune is a new tune in addition to our Economy, Tow and Performance line of tunes. For members that have posted in this thread, we will build you a Daily Street Tune for $40.

Chris

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our email tunes are typically 105 for 1 tune, 160 for 2 and 200 for 3 unique tunes. The Daily Street Tune is a new tune in addition to our Economy, Tow and Performance line of tunes. For members that have posted in this thread, we will build you a Daily Street Tune for $40.

Chris

Ok, I'll bite. I bought the Livewire with 6 5 Star tunes. Can I get the Daily Street Tune for $40? I'm curious.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I got my 5Star Daily Street Tune for $40 and I tried it.

I like it.

For those of you who have read my previous threads on tunes, I am not a racer nor do I like my truck to be "twitchy". The 5Star Performance tunes made my truck twitchy, which to me means a bit too aggressive for my taste. I felt the shifts were a bit to harsh and the the truck felt like a dog wanting to be let off its leash.

Many would actually like that. Good for you. Not I. I prefer softer shifting, but I want no lag (good throttle response), smooth acceleration but power when I step on it. I got that with the SVC tune v1.

I had to ride the last coupe of weeks stock while I was troubleshooting an AC problem. Boy, what a difference.

I was about to put back the SVC v1 tune. The v2 tune was also a bit twitchy for me. Not as twitchy as the 5Star Performance tune, but I felt the SVC tune was PERFECT. For me. Power on tap when I pressed the accelerator, smooth shifting.

I prefer 6th gear to come sooner rather than later. Mike was able to customize my 93 octane tunes to shift closer to 40mph. Its a personal preference.

The SVC tune shifts around 45mph. The 93 Daily Street shifts a little bit sooner, around maybe 43 or 44. This is coasting and slowly building up speed.

All the tunes are a bit rough shifting when I first install them, but they smooth out after a bit of driving. I have not driven any of the tunes long enough to make any comments on MPGs.

I am going to drive the 93 Daily Street for a bit, then try the SVC v1 again, since it was my favorite, and I'll compare the two. Right now shift wise they seem pretty close to what I like.

I am not sure what other differences there are between these two tunes outside of shift strategies. I'd be curious to know. But my butt dyno is telling me that both of these are thumbs up.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I loaded my SVC v1 tune back on, and right away I noticed one big difference between these two tunes - throttle lag at WOT. The Daily Street has it, the SVC tune has a lot less of it.

While driving Miss Daisy, both tunes seem pretty responsive. Throttle lag, what I call the perceived delay between the time I press the accelerator and the car surges forward, is not very noticeable at slow speeds and low acceleration. But if I step on it hard, I noticed a significant lag on the Daily Street tune, and while still there on the SVC tune, it was less pronounced to my butt dyno.

I don't do WOT a lot. I can hear the gas tank emptying when I do that. But when I do I prefer my truck respond quicker to my foot. That 1/2 second lag between the time you press the accelerator and the car surges forward is annoying.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I loaded my SVC v1 tune back on, and right away I noticed one big difference between these two tunes - throttle lag at WOT. The Daily Street has it, the SVC tune has a lot less of it.

While driving Miss Daisy, both tunes seem pretty responsive. Throttle lag, what I call the perceived delay between the time I press the accelerator and the car surges forward, is not very noticeable at slow speeds and low acceleration. But if I step on it hard, I noticed a significant lag on the Daily Street tune, and while still there on the SVC tune, it was less pronounced to my butt dyno.

I don't do WOT a lot. I can hear the gas tank emptying when I do that. But when I do I prefer my truck respond quicker to my foot. That 1/2 second lag between the time you press the accelerator and the car surges forward is annoying.

Interesting. I would think the 5star performance tune would remedy that. But you said that tune felt too aggressive for you. So it makes sense that when driving WOT (aggressively) the daily street tune didn't respond as fast.

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

Last edited:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Were you watching what gear it was dropping to? I'm on SVC V2 and it drops 2-3 gears right now when you get on it. Way more aggressive than 5 star 93 perf I was running but still maintains that docile driving miss daisy mode as you say. The longer I've had it the more I like it. It's really a jeckle and hyde sort of tune.