"the Tune" by SVC vs. 93 Perf Tune by 5*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, I wasn't paying attention to the gears when stepping on it, so I'll try tomorrow. I think the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde analogy is a good one for the SVC tune. It's docile if you are light footed and aggressive if you step on it.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 93 Daily Street tunes my son and I each run are strong everywhere in the powerband. They come off the line strong, accelerate strong and have absolutely no lag at all. I have a thread completely evaluating all octane levels in both of our trucks with and without CAI. Just so very satisfied with our 5* tunes. All of our tunes have been spot on and have required no revisions at all in either truck.

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love all the work being done here !!!! Id like to see a drag race between a 87 and 91

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry everyone, We've been looking at ways to make it v3 better then V2. Stay tuned here over the next few weeks :happy107: I will make a post when its time to email me for revisions

-Jeff

Is v3 going to be twitchier than v2? Because I think v1 was perfection...

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry everyone, We've been looking at ways to make it v3 better then V2. Stay tuned here over the next few weeks :happy107: I will make a post when its time to email me for revisions

-Jeff

Oh boy...didn't think it could get any better, can't wait!

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I got my 5Star Daily Street Tune for $40 and I tried it.

I like it.

For those of you who have read my previous threads on tunes, I am not a racer nor do I like my truck to be "twitchy". The 5Star Performance tunes made my truck twitchy, which to me means a bit too aggressive for my taste. I felt the shifts were a bit to harsh and the the truck felt like a dog wanting to be let off its leash.

Many would actually like that. Good for you. Not I. I prefer softer shifting, but I want no lag (good throttle response), smooth acceleration but power when I step on it. I got that with the SVC tune v1.

I had to ride the last coupe of weeks stock while I was troubleshooting an AC problem. Boy, what a difference.

I was about to put back the SVC v1 tune. The v2 tune was also a bit twitchy for me. Not as twitchy as the 5Star Performance tune, but I felt the SVC tune was PERFECT. For me. Power on tap when I pressed the accelerator, smooth shifting.

I prefer 6th gear to come sooner rather than later. Mike was able to customize my 93 octane tunes to shift closer to 40mph. Its a personal preference.

The SVC tune shifts around 45mph. The 93 Daily Street shifts a little bit sooner, around maybe 43 or 44. This is coasting and slowly building up speed.

All the tunes are a bit rough shifting when I first install them, but they smooth out after a bit of driving. I have not driven any of the tunes long enough to make any comments on MPGs.

I am going to drive the 93 Daily Street for a bit, then try the SVC v1 again, since it was my favorite, and I'll compare the two. Right now shift wise they seem pretty close to what I like.

I am not sure what other differences there are between these two tunes outside of shift strategies. I'd be curious to know. But my butt dyno is telling me that both of these are thumbs up.

ZBoater,

I appreciate your testing and your time spent sharing your thoughts about the tunes. The tune keeps getting better as the truck relearns your driving style. Happy to get the shifting to meet your expectations. That's what custom tuning is all about. =)

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is traction control, off-road mode, and tow/haul mode affected by either of these tunes?

Last edited:

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff:

I love V2 and can't wait to see or I mean feel in the seat of my pants, what's new in V3 as long as you can keep my idle at stock rpm.
Thanks for the hard work you and your tuner put into this!! Very much appreciated!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I am running high flow cats and if they are not on then I will not be able to pass MA inspection. The inspection computer will read "cats not ready" and fail me.

I have read a few guys have had this happen to them.

Do you have a fix to pass MA inspection??? Maybe a temp tune to use with all the cats on???

Yes, I will have to pass so I do need a solution. Do you have the O2 spacers I will need?
Did you pass inspection?

These are good ones http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1069&products_id=1605

Or you can use 18mm Spark Plug fouler. These can be found at autozone, Napa , etc

-Jeff

I'm about to order the M18 spark plug non-fouler spacers.

Do I need them only for the rear bank? Or all 4?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

The Double AA Gift Card
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=795663