The Story of MobileBeats / Rookie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Haven't read through all of it but read enough. I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately the only way to get somewhere at this point is hiring an attorney. Our legal system sucks and that is exactly what is going to happen here, both attorneys are going to suck you and them and they are the guys that are going to walk away with money in their pockets. Granted, you sue for your cost but they are going to find a split responsibility and it might be difficult to claim.

What I have learned from all of this that it probably is better off trying to get it totaled and start with a replacement than trying to rely on a Ford dealership to fix something major. My dealer, I wouldn't trust either on this kind of damage and can't think of one even close to me that I would.

I feel sorry for all the trouble you are having.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Story of MobileBeats

Google review is gone. Not sure how they pulled that off.

Nvm, I won't stoop to that level, as much as I want to.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach have you contacted USAA about taking the truck to another dealer and have them go over the truck to review the work down in VA?

At least, I would think USAA would have a facility near you to inspect the work done.

The fact that you are not nowhere close to the dealer that did the work will factor into the situation. What if Caviler said "sure bring the truck back and we will take care of any issues"?

If it were me, I would take the truck to a local dealer have them give it a close inspection, making a list of any problems they find and the cost to fix. Next send that to your insurance company. Plus, it would be interesting to see what is found along with the related costs to fix and compare with what VA Dealer 'fixed' and charged you/insurance.

Just 'spit-balling'

Good luck bud!

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately Fred, usaa has taken an "I don't care" standpoint. I had a lengthy convo with them last week and we went round and round about how even though it's not a certified repair center that they still paid for something on a product that they insure and they didn't receive what they paid for. The only thing they were concerned about at the end of the convo was the engine core and pcm that wasn't installed but paid for. They said an alternate department would be conducting an investigation. As far as my truck not being 100%, they didn't care and said I would have to resolve those issues myself. They said that the only reason they sent the checks to the dealer is because they're two party checks. They could've been sent to me and the repair facility or me and the bank but the bank would've applied it to the loan.

I also brought up who authorized the dealer to initiate repairs and that got me nowhere. He was unfortunately right when he said that if I would've said something at the beginning, which I did but I didn't fuss about it because I thought I could trust the dealer, they could've put a stop to it and transferred the vehicle to their facility.

Starter came today along with the bolts I ordered. I can already tell you they used the wrong bolts. When we went to replace it at havoc the bolt above the solenoid was missing and the top bolt was a 10mm which didn't make sense as the bottom one is 13mm. I thought it was odd but maybe ford did it like that since the bottom bolt has a negative lead coming off it. Nope. The bolts I ordered are what's listed on the schematic and they're 13mm. My guess is they used the wrong bolt which slightly fit but not tight and that's why I was able to back it out by hand. Probably why the one was missing too.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bright side, between HAVOC and your racking up miles, you have shaken out "MOST' of the bugs, HOPEFULLY.

What a mess, in regards to the missing 'core' and 'PCM', go see an Attorney. It might be worth a couple hundred bucks for some legal advice and for them to write a letter or two.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll be honest, unlike another party in this situation, and admit when I'm wrong, also unlike another party in this situation. Starter wasn't bad. That doesn't negate the fact they they installed the wrong bolts and/or didn't install one of them at all.

Got the new starter in and the truck still wouldn't start. I opened up the manual to check the relays as that's what I originally thought it might be. Replaced starter relay (2) with rear defroster relay (4) and the truck fired up. Ended up putting the original relay back in and it worked. The main fuse box in the engine bay was never cleaned after the incident so the dried mud is probably going to cause some issues down the road.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be honest, unlike another party in this situation, and admit when I'm wrong, also unlike another party in this situation. Starter wasn't bad. That doesn't negate the fact they they installed the wrong bolts and/or didn't install one of them at all.

Got the new starter in and the truck still wouldn't start. I opened up the manual to check the relays as that's what I originally thought it might be. Replaced starter relay (2) with rear defroster relay (4) and the truck fired up. Ended up putting the original relay back in and it worked. The main fuse box in the engine bay was never cleaned after the incident so the dried mud is probably going to cause some issues down the road.

DAMN all that for a relay. Lol... better buy a few spare relays to keep on hand.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com