The Story of MobileBeats / Rookie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They need to drug test the BBB.

We have received your most recent correspondence in the above-mentioned complaint case.

You have indicated that you are NOT satisfied with the business' response in the matter.

However, in the judgment of BBB, the business has made a good-faith effort to resolve the matter. Although, we realize that you may still feel the matter is not resolved, we have closed the case.

The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on the BBB website. For your protection, please do not include personal identifiable information when describing the details of your complaint. The BBB may edit or remove any identifiable information, or any inappropriate language or threats.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mr Taylor

I have settled your claim with your insurance company and have a check for you for $490.76. I will release the monies upon receiving a signed copy of the attached document.

Thank you

Paul Saltarelli :: Service / Parts Director
Cavalier Ford Lincoln

Attachment:

RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS

​In consideration of four-hundred ninety dollars and 76 cents ($490.76), receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Zachary P Taylor hereby releases and holds harmless Cavalier Ford ; its officers; agents; employees; successors; or assigns from any and all manner of action, suits, proceedings, judgments, claims, damages, and demands whatsoever, in law or in equity, which it ever had, now has, or may have in the future against Cavalier Ford; its officers; agents; employees; successors; or assigns by reason of or arising from transaction on the 2013 Ford F150 VIN 1FTFW1R60DFB50246.

​In witness thereof, we affix our seals this 25th ​ day of November,2014 .

Witnessed,​Signed,
Cavalier Ford, by

Ken Childress, General Manager​ Zachary P Taylor

So I guess you get paid for services and the remaining balance is due back to the customer but because of everything that has occurred you hold their money at ransom until they sign a document releasing them from liability. Seems legit.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've never seen such a thing, and I'm in the industry!

I've seen the letters like that if they are paying out for a dispute claim or some type of liability that the dealership is giving you hush money for damage, but this doesn't seem right if it was issued from your insurance company. I'd call your insurance and have them re-issue the check to you and you only.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ^^^ . They know you have a claim and are trying to use the release of YOUR money to get you to release them from liability for the damage they caused to the truck.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've never seen such a thing, and I'm in the industry!

I've seen the letters like that if they are paying out for a dispute claim or some type of liability that the dealership is giving you hush money for damage, but this doesn't seem right if it was issued from your insurance company. I'd call your insurance and have them re-issue the check to you and you only.

That's a good point. I'll call and see what they say. Honestly as crooked as the situation is if insurance says they won't reissue a check to me then I'm going to sign it and send it. I don't have the means to sue them as it is and I'm pushing the limits of filing a suit because of the time that has elapsed.

Insurance company said that had a special department conducting an investigation on the dealership for fraud but I haven't heard any of the results from that.