The right way to install GEN 2 Shocks on a GEN 1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, another question...
Looking at a used set off 2017.
Only part number found shows bar code sticker on lower end near bushing with R180104 0116 RBC VC SVT S. I was hoping to verify something like shown on Rock Auto (ASH85975) or {Alternate Inventory Numbers: HL3Z18124C}? anyone know if the barcode number relates to the correct Gen2 3.0s for swapping onto a GEN1??? Appreciate whatever I can find out, THANKS !!!

OP
OP
Doug Mikra

Doug Mikra

Reaction score
OK, another question...
Looking at a used set off 2017.
Only part number found shows bar code sticker on lower end near bushing with R180104 0116 RBC VC SVT S. I was hoping to verify something like shown on Rock Auto (ASH85975) or {Alternate Inventory Numbers: HL3Z18124C}? anyone know if the barcode number relates to the correct Gen2 3.0s for swapping onto a GEN1??? Appreciate whatever I can find out, THANKS !!!
All the 2017-2018 shocks (blue 3.0’s) will work, whether for crew or super cab. We build from the 2017 crew cab variant. (Hl3z-18124-c)

Sacape2

Reaction score
Hey,

Not a dumb question - but Yes, no problem with this kit and geisers.
Thanks

Doug
I went down that path and it completed eliminated any drop out on my suspension. Upper arm was maxed out, not sure if rpg uppers would of corrected all this but I feel like this retrofit matched with geisers don’t mesh well.

Since these come setup as mid perch, the geisers raise it as if it was on top perch per say on gen1 shocks.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No such thing as adjustable perches (low, mid, high) on the Gen2 3.0's, correct?
Using the Gen2 3.0s with stock Gen1 springs and upper hardware mounts gets close to what would be equivalent ride height of stock Gen1 2.5s/stock Gen1 springs at high perch?

Sacape2

Reaction score
No such thing as adjustable perches (low, mid, high) on the Gen2 3.0's, correct?
Using the Gen2 3.0s with stock Gen1 springs and upper hardware mounts gets close to what would be equivalent ride height of stock Gen1 2.5s/stock Gen1 springs at high perch?
That is correct, but per his OP in this thread... He claims his setup comes preset for what mid-perch would be on a 2.5 gen1 shock.

So my takeaway was if the shocks come as a mid setup and I added geisers, I'm really at a high perch setting.

Maybe Mike can clarify but my tuck with his setup and stock springs definitely does not sit as if it was on low-perch.