The right way to install GEN 2 Shocks on a GEN 1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone purchased recently? I messaged Dave a while back but no response. The website shows inventory but I haven't seen him respond in a while.

moosejaw

Reaction score
I have not heard from him, i had an order in for front shocks and have been waiting for a response since late September. Left a voicemail from the number on the website twice back in Oct and Nov

Fyrman702

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read through this post and a couple others. Then found a deal on some 2018 Gen 2 Struts.

@Doug Mikra My only question is if I send them to TSW or Hammer, do you know if they charge extra to rebuild them with your lowers or is it sixes? I'm in Las Vegas NV and might find a local rebuilder but I'm leaning towards TSW/Hammer since they are familiar with your kit.

Let me know if you have any BFCM Sales that are still active.

Thanks,
Steve
Just saw your post. If you haven't done anything in regard to the front shocks? Aftermarket Headquarters is an awesome local shop and could definitely handle that kit assembly and rebuild. I had them rebuild my factory shocks as well as other Raptor owners that I know.

EasyDoesIt

Reaction score
Just saw your post. If you haven't done anything in regard to the front shocks? Aftermarket Headquarters is an awesome local shop and could definitely handle that kit assembly and rebuild. I had them rebuild my factory shocks as well as other Raptor owners that I know.

Thank you! I got it sorted, rebuilt front and rear Gen2 Shocks with the Mikra lowers and Geisers in front. Rides like a dream. My +3 Deavers just arrived so I'll get those mounted up or not.

I do plan on having Aftermarket HQ work on some things like my whipple tune and maybe a rear end rebuild.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had these shocks installed since about November with OTS gen 2's in the rear. Stock springs all around. It's definitely more comfortable on-road than before. I think offroad is also slightly improved as it seems to soak up big stuff better than before. Overall I feel they're a decent upgrade for the cost.

IMG_20221226_140603.jpg
IMG_20221204_160433.jpgIMG_20221204_165726.jpg

Last edited:

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is this setup available to purchase and just bolt directly in? I'm interested in this for sure

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice truck! That color sure is amazing
I've had these shocks installed since about November with OTS gen 2's in the rear. Stock springs all around. It's definitely more comfortable on-road than before. I think offroad is also slightly improved as it seems to soak up big stuff better than before. Overall I feel they're a decent upgrade for the cost.

View attachment 399908