The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived at dealership yesterday. I wanted to pick it up yesterday (I live an hour and a half from dealership). My sales guy knew it was coming in either Saturday or Monday. Had none of the paper work filled out and he wasn't scheduled to come in until 5pm. He says he couldn’t fill anything out until it arrived and it had to be inventoried and received by dealership.

Long story short I wasn't pleased seeing I had the day off and had a baby sitter for the day. The truck came into the dealership at around 12pm. I gave him shit seeing I've waited 4 months and spending 50k. Now I have to take the day off of work Thursday.
Am I being inconsiderate?

On the plus side Truck has 9.3 miles on her. I'd post picks but it wouldn't be right seeing I don't have her yet.

loonibab

Reaction score
You aren't being inconsiderate. Although, at least he is holding it for you... I just picked up my truck this past Friday.. my truck was a special order - pretty much maxed out on the packages and the guy who wanted it wasn't able to come in till Monday. He supposedly did not put a deposit down, and was supposed to pick it up Friday the 15th... I get a phone call from my buddy at the ford dealer who said if i want a raptor i better come now because he had one on special order and the guy isn't coming till Monday to pick it up... he was allowed to sell it...

And your salesmen sounds like a.. they sold me my truck without even giving me inspection on it or fully taking off all the stickers, and stuck around till 10 pm to make the sale.

You are lucky he didn't sell it from underneath you, now that would suck.

Last edited:

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't being inconsiderate. Although, at least he is holding it for you... I just picked up my truck this past Friday.. my truck was a special order - pretty much maxed out on the packages and the guy who wanted it wasn't able to come in till Monday. He supposedly did not put a deposit down, and was supposed to pick it up Friday the 15th... I get a phone call from my buddy at the ford dealer who said if i want a raptor i better come now because he had one on special order and the guy isn't coming till Monday to pick it up... he was allowed to sell it...

And your salesmen sounds like a.. they sold me my truck without even giving me inspection on it or fully taking off all the stickers, and stuck around till 10 pm to make the sale.

If they sold the truck out from under me there would be quite the shit storm unleashed. My dealership isn't like that. For the most part they are good.

However I think they should have given me A+ service and offered to stay the extra hours to complete the transaction. When I pick the truck up I will be giving them my .02 and thats all I can really do. I'm just happy the truck is at the dealership.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1- Van Bortel is Awesome! They would NOT sell the truck from underneath him. Not sure you why you would even bring it up. You must deal with really ****** dealers.

2- He got it at invoice so he should be happy.

3 -And YES he waited a long time but the wait had nothing to do with the dealership. Do you not think if they had this truck 4 months ago they would have sold it to him then? HELL YES they would have sold it then because dealerships are in the business of making money so when they have product to sell they will sell it.

4 - this dealership made a emergency call to Ford and ask ford to pull his order due to the long wait. Any other dealership would have NEVER done this for him.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1- Van Bortel is Awesome! They would NOT sell the truck from underneath him. Not sure you why you would even bring it up. You must deal with really ****** dealers.

2- He got it at invoice so he should be happy.

3 -And YES he waited a long time but the wait had nothing to do with the dealership. Do you not think if they had this truck 4 months ago they would have sold it to him then? HELL YES they would have sold it then because dealerships are in the business of making money so when they have product to sell they will sell it.

4 - this dealership made a emergency call to Ford and ask ford to pull his order due to the long wait. Any other dealership would have NEVER done this for him.

They still claim they didn't do anything special and it was just pulled. I honestly think they did something though, odd how everything went so quick after a simple phone call.

Either way I'm happy just sucks I couldn't get it yesterday. If I pushed hard enough I guess I could have gotten it yesterday but whats a few more days. I'll post pics when I get her...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will be very happy when you see your truck. And 1 week from now you will forget all about the wait. :)

They still claim they didn't do anything special and it was just pulled. I honestly think they did something though, odd how everything went so quick after a simple phone call.

Either way I'm happy just sucks I couldn't get it yesterday. If I pushed hard enough I guess I could have gotten it yesterday but whats a few more days. I'll post pics when I get her...