TSBs and SSMs

Do you want a pinned thread identifying all of the known SSMs and TSBs for the GEN3 Raptors?

• Yes

• No

• What's a TSB/SSM? (if you click this option you will die in 7 days)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks are having to search for all of the TSBs and SSMs related to a number of issues specific to the GEN3 Raptors and I thought it might be time for us to have a pinned thread. If you know of a TSB or SSM, please provide the info below. Also please provide the same info for known issues that Ford is "working on a fix" for but has not released a TSB and SSM. I'll monitor the thread and update this original post with the TSBs and SSMs as they're identified:

1. Known GEN3 Issue
2. TSB or SSM Number
3. Production Dates the TSB/SSM applies to
4. TSB/SSM Notes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Known Issue: Clunk/Thump/Rattle Noise From The Front And/Or Rear When Going Over Bumps
2. SSM: SSM 50972
3. Production Dates: Built On Or Before 16-Jun-2022
4. SSM Notes: Some 2021-2022 F-150 Raptor vehicles built on or before 16-Jun-2022 may experience a clunk, thump, and/or rattle noise from the front and /or rear when going over bumps. This may be due to a concern with the shock absorbers. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Sections 100-04 and 204-00 to perform the appropriate noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) diagnosis and inspections. If diagnosis leads to a shock absorber, replace only the affected shock absorber(s). Refer to WSM, Sections 204-01B (front) and/or 204-02 (rear). For claiming, use causal part 18124 (front) or 18125 (rear) and applicable labor operations in Section 03 (front) and/or Section 05 (rear) of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

1. Known Issue: Exhaust Rattle on Cold Start
2. TSB: 22-2388
3. Production Dates: Not Specified
4. TSB Notes: According to @HighwaySentinel, the TSB is proprietary so the information is not posted publicly. If you're experiencing an exhaust rattle have your dealer diagnose the issue and the TSB should populate when the tech runs the issue through OASIS.

1. Known Issue: Some vehicles may experience a snap, click and/or pop noise from the tailgate when closing.
2. TSB: 22-2327
3. Production Dates: MY2021-2022
4. TSB Notes: Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may experience a snap, click and/or pop noise coming from the tailgate when closing. This may be to due an incorrectly positioned tailgate torsion rod. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to position the tailgate torsion rod and tighten the clamp block bolts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won’t let me edit the original post for some reason so here’s another SSM.

1. Known Issue: 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls.
2. SSM: 51663
3. Production Dates: MY2021-2023
4. SSM Notes: To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.