The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5% tint isnt dark. 5% light transmission? Now that's dark....limo tint even

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2
huh?..... im not understanding bird.......5% is limo tint. you can also get 2% if you wanted. but a nightvision backup camera kicks ass and is the way to go.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to stir any controversy. My state doesn't have a vehicle inspection and people do lots of things here that wouldn't fly in other states.

I'm fine with rolling down the window to back at night. I ran 15% on my previous work truck and had to do that. On the Raptor, I have every intention of running Rigid D2's around the back and front of the truck to aid in seeing what's out there.

5% makes it fairly hard to see inside a vehicle from the outside, but it's really not bad if to look through if you're sitting inside. I'm more concerned with lighting the inside of the truck adequately. I need to do some research of old threads here and see what the best options for interior lighting are.

If I decide the tint is too dark, it's not that bad to remove and run 20% or something either.

My truck has officially been sitting in OKC for an entire week now. If they don't get it today or tomorrow, I'm going to see if there are any other means of transportation to get the truck out to my side of the state.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesnt it come with 20% rear already? if it does then maybe you can add a 35% to it. i have oem 20% and added 5% to my minivan. its almost impossible to see in there unless there is light inside

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm single and work most of the time. I put about 6k miles a year on my personal vehicle. I expect that to go up some since my current truck is an 18 year old Chevy that isn't much fun to drive, but the odds of me having passengers in the back is pretty small. I'm very happy with the idea of nobody being able to see what's in the back of the truck.

I do very much like the idea of matching up the tint so it's even all the way around the truck though. Thanks for the idea on the 35% in the back. I'll pass that along to my sales guy in the morning!

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe it or not, next door to the plant is Severstal Steel. I'm pretty sure that's who Ford is using as a supplier ford the F150s. And now that I think of it, quite possibly a supplier for the Mustang Plant down I-75 a little ways.

Sitting in Dearborn waiting to ship? Congrats. I cannot imagine what that must be like.

I think mine is still in Pittsburg as a pile of iron. Do they still make steal in Pittsburg right? Maybe that's the issue.

and for the record: You guys suck! (i even spelled it right this time) lol

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called SVT and my truck in currently sitting in a yard 45 miles away from my dealership!!! I called my salesman yesterday and he was sick. Hopefully he is back today so he can tell them to go and pick up my truck damn it!!! I am sooo excited, so close!

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called SVT and my truck in currently sitting in a yard 45 miles away from my dealership!!! I called my salesman yesterday and he was sick. Hopefully he is back today so he can tell them to go and pick up my truck damn it!!! I am sooo excited, so close!

Is it in Westfield,TX?

As of yesterday mine is also...

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you blood, I called svt and they said it was still sitting in Dearborn and my dealer has no clue. I called him on Thursday to ask him what he thought my eta would be and he says were a ways off from that, so I say it was built on Tuesday and he says there's no way that's right were still waiting to be pulled. So I have him look it up and he says "I'd be shocked if it was alread pulled". He types in order number and long awkward pause....... "would you look at that, you're right it's in transit, I'm blown away by that, I hadnt heard anything on it and i thought we were looking at late december" So that's what I've been dealing with on my order, dealer has had zero interaction with me unless I'm the one calling and apparently has zero clue. So blood you've been great. I truly thank you sir and if there's anything I can ever do for you I'd gladly oblige

glad i could help.congrats!