The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're home, picked up the baby with the 10', got a lot of looks on the way home with twin scabs at every red light and would post a pic if Tap would let me from my iPhone.

jwf1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did your guys' orders take that long because your dealer didnt have any allotments for a raptor when you ordered? dealer here in clovis has been gettin 4-8 week turnaround on orders every time they get allotments..

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did your guys' orders take that long because your dealer didnt have any allotments for a raptor when you ordered? dealer here in clovis has been gettin 4-8 week turnaround on orders every time they get allotments..

I think it had something to do with my order being a scab. They told me from the start it would be 12 as long as 14 weeks out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It also depends on whether or not you find a dealer willing to deal at invoice. If I wanted to pay MSRP, I'd be driving the truck by now I am sure, but my stingy ass wanted to save some money and get in a long line to wait for the damn truck. So I am currently 2 on the list for the 2013's and 1 on the list for 2014's in case this takes any longer.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

It also depends on whether or not you find a dealer willing to deal at invoice. If I wanted to pay MSRP, I'd be driving the truck by now I am sure, but my stingy ass wanted to save some money and get in a long line to wait for the damn truck. So I am currently 2 on the list for the 2013's and 1 on the list for 2014's in case this takes any longer.

Exactly. I paid invoice (after rebate) for my truck, but to get that price I had to wait in line. I believe there were 5 trucks in front of me and with a dealer getting only 2 allocations a month AND THEN GETTING NONE FOR 2 MONTHS really slowed the whole process down. I ordered March 4th and had my DORA on March 6th.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I paid invoice (after rebate) for my truck, but to get that price I had to wait in line. I believe there were 5 trucks in front of me and with a dealer getting only 2 allocations a month AND THEN GETTING NONE FOR 2 MONTHS really slowed the whole process down. I ordered March 4th and had my DORA on March 6th.

I paid 500 above invoice and was working out of town most of the last 6 months, so I never really complained, I do know that the regional Ford Rep that my dealer was in contact with, made a statement about the number of Screws that were on order and seemed to think that's was a factor in my case since I ordered a Scab.

I have yet to figure out the science on the whole order to delivery thing. I've heard "allocation", "order number", "priority" among other terms. None of it seemed to ring true. I know mine started down the assembly line on the 23rd and was delivered on the 5th. Build to delivery was very short (to my surprise). It was ordered on the 7th of March, so counting the 2 week factory shutdown in July, it was still well over the 12 to 14 weeks till delivery I was told. Just glad it's over!