The Mojave Road April 16-18 2010 - Track Our Progress in Real Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can see why you might want to flush your axles...

This picture is a little misleading.

It looks like the water is as high as the hood.

The water line was slightly higher then the running boards.

Still requires diff flushing, but not as deep as the pic above depicts.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured if it was over the hood or even most of the way up the grill you would be able to see the bow wave...

cool pic none the more...

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured if it was over the hood or even most of the way up the grill you would be able to see the bow wave...

cool pic none the more...

Here is a mid 80's Chickoree that went ahead of me.

Gives a better scale as to the depth of the water there.

P.S. The Loch Ness monster's sister is in the frame at the bottom right.

file.jpg

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Hey please take pics of the fluid in all four boxes. If you guys are clean I'll assume I am too.

Good luck having Ford do that...I took my dads F150 w/ 30000 miles and told them I launch boats with it and they wont touch it...let me know how it turns out for you.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wont touch it? Meaning they refuse to service it for you?

You gonna do yours B?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ya my dad wanted the trans and the rear diff taken care of while it was in for warranty work and they called and said there is only 30000 miles on it and they didn't think it was needed. I may have my mechanic do it for me with the oil change

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've played with the track log a little bit now, and yeah I agree its a bit confusing. But I think the point of the log is to keep track of where you are during the trip, not necessarily to talk about the trip, after the fact. In that capacity, I think the tool works pretty well.

Once you get home, you're supposed to export the pertinent bits of the log to their "Spot Adventures" website. I did so here:

http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view/?trip_id=195224

Now THAT's pretty cool. Everything from detailed maps, to speed profile to picture uploading ability (wish my camera could geotag!)

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya my dad wanted the trans and the rear diff taken care of while it was in for warranty work and they called and said there is only 30000 miles on it and they didn't think it was needed. I may have my mechanic do it for me with the oil change

Not sure what the deal was there, but you can still have them change the fluid... I mean you can have it done with each oil change if you want... if they refuse to do it have them refuse in writing... then go pour water in the diff...