The Mojave Road April 16-18 2010 - Track Our Progress in Real Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got home.

Let me tell you something.....taking a shower after a couple days in the desert without taking a shower is........AWESOME.

It was a great time. Better trails than Anza if you can believe me.

I am sure there will be some pretty good pics coming up here in a bit.

Oh, and we did a water crossing today that will require both diffs to get fluid flushed. It was pretty amazing I thought I was in a boat!!

Ran 80MPH on a salt lake too!!!

The Raptor did great. We had no mechanical problems at all and we all had a blast!

The long stop on the tracking link was due to part of our group getting separated for a little bit due to another vehicle (not a Raptor) having trouble with some auxiliary gas tanks.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got home.

Let me tell you something.....taking a shower after a couple days in the desert without taking a shower is........AWESOME.

Oh, and we did a water crossing today that will require both diffs to get fluid flushed. It was pretty amazing I thought I was in a boat!!

The Raptor did great. We had no mechanical problems at all and we all had a blast!

The long stop on the tracking link was due to part of our group getting separated for a little bit due to another vehicle (not a Raptor) having trouble with some auxiliary gas tanks.

I'm glad you guys made it back in one piece and look forward to seeing some pictures of your adventures.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got home.

Excellent xjr! Sounds like you guts had a GREAT time. A little prima donna on the shower thing though you little sissy. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

FSM

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent xjr! Sounds like you guts had a GREAT time. A little prima donna on the shower thing though you little sissy. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

FSM

Yeah it was great.

We need some Raptor Invitational or something so we can all meet up someday.

Yeah I need a ****in shower every day or I am dead.

Dropped wolf bait twice on this trip so that is pretty hard core for me.

As Dan would say "TMI" but sharing is caring! :)

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was great.

We need some Raptor Invitational or something so we can all meet up someday.

Yeah I need a ****in shower every day or I am dead.

Dropped wolf bait twice on this trip so that is pretty hard core for me.

As Dan would say "TMI" but sharing is caring! :)

:puke:
:mrgreen:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics are up! http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?895-The-Mojave-Road-April-16-18-2010-Pics-and-Videos
Hah a boat? WTF? I have video of B and I crossing with no trouble. But, in retrospect and after watching the vid... as Kyle said... "that was a little hairy"

Did B come back and meet you guys there? When we split he was thinking about it.

PS: Great hanging with you and K. Definitely need to make that a habit. :cheers:

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics are up! http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?895-The-Mojave-Road-April-16-18-2010-Pics-and-Videos
Hah a boat? WTF? I have video of B and I crossing with no trouble. But, in retrospect and after watching the vid... as Kyle said... "that was a little hairy"

Did B come back and meet you guys there? When we split he was thinking about it.

PS: Great hanging with you and K. Definitely need to make that a habit. :cheers:

Hi, no didn't see B. He may have come back after K and I took off right after the group stopped after the crossing at the campground near the 15.

Definitely great to see you and everyone else and yes need to make this a habit.

Dan and I are going to be flushing diffs tomorrow.

I am hoping we don't have to do the transfer case or transmission. That was pretty deep water but we all made it across with absolutely NO water ingress or problems.

I think the nicest thing was that AWESOME trail we were on was not that far from the I-15 so don't have to do Mojave trail again to get to the best part if we don't want to.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey please take pics of the fluid in all four boxes. If you guys are clean I'll assume I am too.