The hits keep coming for the TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, shit happens.

Here is my GT350 with 110 miles on it, driveshaft fell off while I was on my driveway....

Not too mention, the OGs will certainly remember but when the Gen 1 Raptors first came out there were some serious bent frame issues that were a daily topic of discussion on the interweb.

View attachment 164891 View attachment 164892 View attachment 164893
Look like a 1350 it can be upgraded but I don't know what the transmission yoke is stock. Still very strong Joint.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a perfect example of dodge/fiat lack of quality control and what dodge has been know for over the years. Shit like this falling apart or breaking

They're lucky it was even connected from the factory. They don't like connecting shocks apparently.

Meh, shit happens.

Here is my GT350 with 110 miles on it, driveshaft fell off while I was on my driveway....

Not too mention, the OGs will certainly remember but when the Gen 1 Raptors first came out there were some serious bent frame issues that were a daily topic of discussion on the interweb.

View attachment 164891 View attachment 164892 View attachment 164893

Every car manufacturer has issues on some units. But most of them aren't arrogant/stupid enough to have easter eggs depicting how much better their vehicles are than the competition. It's hard for a TRX to eat a Raptor if its leg is broken.

Meanwhile, Ford just advertises Raptors being Raptors. Notice that they don't mention the "competition." The leader of the pack doesn't need to acknowledge the betas.

Last edited:

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the Raptor transmission hold up to 0-60 runs in 4WD? I have not tried but am curious how durable it is with a tuned setup?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're lucky it was even connected from the factory. They don't like connecting shocks apparently.

Every car manufacturer has issues on some units. But most of them aren't arrogant/stupid enough to have easter eggs depicting how much better their vehicles are than the competition. It's hard for a TRX to eat a Raptor if its leg is broken.

Meanwhile, Ford just advertises Raptors being Raptors. Notice that the don't mention the "competition." The leader of the pack doesn't need to acknowledge the betas.

Thats tuff... lol.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
How does the Raptor transmission hold up to 0-60 runs in 4WD? I have not tried but am curious how durable it is with a tuned setup?

I ALWAYS run it in 4Auto, so the fronts help with the launch and don’t cause any drag down track. The TRX can’t do that...

I have over 55,000 tuned miles on mine with more than a few WOT brake-torqued launches. I would say they’re pretty tough unless you do lengthy (several minutes long) burnouts or otherwise find a way to overheat it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Ford just advertises Raptors being Raptors. Notice that they don't mention the "competition." The leader of the pack doesn't need to acknowledge the betas.

That's not completely true. TRX's marketing video played a version of 'Mr. Sandman'. Is it coincidence that Ford went with 'Enter Sandman' for theirs? Perhaps, perhaps not. Much more subtle either way.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's not completely true. TRX's marketing video played a version of 'Mr. Sandman'. Is it coincidence that Ford went with 'Enter Sandman' for theirs? Perhaps, perhaps not. Much more subtle either way.

The song was pulled. It was too offensive for some. The re-write will be Sandperson*

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I missed that. After you've already been poked, though, sometimes you clap back. Either way, I'm mostly just kidding because it's funny.