The 2017 Eco-Boost vs V8 Bench Racing / Whining thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rumors of the eco-boost replacing the Boss are what prompted me to get off the fence and go ahead and buy my current truck, by the way. And I know I'm not the only one.

So this does matter to people. I hope Ford is listening.

That is why I went ahead and bought a 14.

Last edited:

Myfx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly!!

"Rumors of the eco-boost replacing the Boss are what prompted me to get off the fence and go ahead and buy my current truck, by the way. And I know I'm not the only one."
Truckzor

This is exactly why I bought mine in sept... You can always buy an ecoboost, but not the 6.2

Ambit14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more important question: how can I figure out a way to keep my 14 and buy a new one? Regardless of whether you want a v6 or v8, just have both ! Now to ***** myself out just to pay for it...

That's what I'm saying. I'd have a hard time giving up my 6.2 so if possible I'd like to just have both. Better start working the corner hard.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not stepping on toes but the Raptor is dead plain and simple. Had the SVT RUN!!! Now it is just a production or "optioned" F150 with a ringy dingy motor.

Nothing special about it and it will even be available xplan now. Hated to see it but SVT runs are usually short ones. Now it is just a regular item.

Ford has bet the farm and all of the kids on the V6 turbo ringy dingy so no way a V8 is in the cards unless it flops then to hell with saving face Ford might consider it.

That's what it looks like to me too, it will just be another trim line for the F150. Now that it's dropped the SVT badge. They will make as many as dealers can sell, which makes sense for Ford. IMO, I could be wrong.

loonibab

Reaction score
Ecobeast boost blah blah

So... I read somewhere that the new raptor will have the same v6 "ecobeast" engine as the ford GT, is that true? If this is the case I'm assuming they will be changing the internals / tune?

I owned a F150 platinum ecoboost before I traded it in for my old raptor.. when I stepped foot into the raptor I was actually disappointed (for the first 3 seconds)..

I seriously enjoyed the power delivery on the ecoboost MORE compared to the 6.2.. and I wished that the truck came with the ecoboost and not the 6.2L.. over time I forgot how the ecoboost felt? so I can't really say what I liked more... and let me be the person to tell you i got the same gas mileage on both trucks, one was shit, the other was shittier.. but really by 1-2 mpg max.

now I am happy with the 6.2L, or at least I cannot complain about anything in this truck other than it being an American vehicle with American quality standards... (I had a '11 m3 before this that i just wasn't ready to let go of just yet!)

I don't think the 2017 Raptor is for me, the body lines are just to sharp/aggressive, maybe I just need more time getting used to the new look. However there are many things on it that sound amazing like independent suspension and it being a turbo motor, well that excites me too even if it is a v6... Plus I do not see why most people are complaining? It being a turbo engine and all shouldn't one be able to squeeze out more power for less?

WHY EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY

When the BMW 335i came out (twin turbo v6, really similar to the ecoboost) it was quick, but obviously not as quick as the M3.. a few months you would hear on the BMW forums of people in their 335s spanking the new m3s and all it took was a decent tune and maybe an upgraded downpipe/exhaust.

The E9X M3 was the first M3 introduced with a sexy high revving v8. from 08-13 it was a very popular model, especially it being the first M3 to ever have a v8... It didn't take long for people to see that they could just buy a 335i and have a car just as fast if not faster, and all it took was minor bolt ons & a tune.. Obviously it was still no M3 but power wise they where the same... and for half the cost too....

I wonder if BMW dropped the V8 for this reason? Or maybe there is truly just a lot of pressure for more efficient vehicles... who knows

What I do know is this, for all you V6 turbo skeptics out there you should give it a chance ~ I'm sure FORD isn't going to let us down on this one..

And if it is one thing I am certain of it is that this is by far the best vehicle ford has ever created..and even though the new raptor may be better, I think this one will remain champ.

:happy107:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter