TFL 2024 Raptor BS video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just hoping they offer the coyote 5.0L V8 in the 2024 like they mentioned at 5:30 mark. Ford randomly did it for the tremor so I don’t get why they wouldn’t make it an option for the raptor too
It wasn’t random, they just added the 5.0 as the standard/base engine. The Tremor is not a Ford Performance model; the 3.5 is 400HP just like the 5.0.

Raptor gets the 3.5 HO with 450HP, the 5.0 would not only decrease power significantly, but it’s down 100 lb-ft of torque. It would make even the Raptor 35 slow, I can’t imagine the 37.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It wasn’t random, they just added the 5.0 as the standard/base engine. The Tremor is not a Ford Performance model; the 3.5 is 400HP just like the 5.0.

Raptor gets the 3.5 HO with 450HP, the 5.0 would not only decrease power significantly, but it’s down 100 lb-ft of torque. It would make even the Raptor 35 slow, I can’t imagine the 37.
You know... I used to talk chit on the EB engines for years... I was a GM 6.0 and 6.2 guy. Id talk chit cause I was young and id never even driven one! I love my SVT Cobra. I love my Jeep GC Hemi but this EB engine is insanely good. Just keep up on the maintenance.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know... I used to talk chit on the EB engines for years... I was a GM 6.0 and 6.2 guy. Id talk chit cause I was young and id never even driven one! I love my SVT Cobra. I love my Jeep GC Hemi but this EB engine is insanely good. Just keep up on the maintenance.
Amen, same here.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FTO isn’t there a 500hp 5.0 in the dark horse mustang? What about something like that? I know the 3.5 is tuned for low rpm tq but the engine I’m referring to sounds like fun in a Raptor

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO isn’t there a 500hp 5.0 in the dark horse mustang? What about something like that? I know the 3.5 is tuned for low rpm tq but the engine I’m referring to sounds like fun in a Raptor

You can’t just take a high strung 5.0 designed for a 3700lb car and put it in a 3 ton truck with 35/37” tires. It would not pass durability testing and the powerband would be completely wrong for the truck.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but @BoostCreep mentioned, the applications are very different. The Dark Horse 5.0 is designed and tuned for a lightweight pony car. It’s power and torque curves aren’t suited to a truck, especially not one that weighs 6,000lbs on 35” or 37” tires that can tow 8,000lbs.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a cliff notes version? I refuse to watch those guys ramble about nothing. Andre is the only one I can stand in short duration.

New headlights, tail lights, and bumpers? Anything else?

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but @BoostCreep mentioned, the applications are very different. The Dark Horse 5.0 is designed and tuned for a lightweight pony car. It’s power and torque curves aren’t suited to a truck, especially not one that weighs 6,000lbs on 35” or 37” tires that can tow 8,000lbs.
Good points. I really should have clarified not a direct swap but a version of it. Kind of like when they put a version of the GT500 motor in the R. But maybe the power output of the GT500 engine is so high it didn’t need much adjustment for the truck application. I’m no expert but I still kind of like the idea of that 5 liter v8. I bet it would sound sweet. Just musing here. Anyway, outside of the R what will be the follow on engines for the Raptor? I hope not electric. At least not anytime soon.