TFL 2024 Raptor BS video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good points. I really should have clarified not a direct swap but a version of it. Kind of like when they put a version of the GT500 motor in the R. But maybe the power output of the GT500 engine is so high it didn’t need much adjustment for the truck application. I’m no expert but I still kind of like the idea of that 5 liter v8. I bet it would sound sweet. Just musing here. Anyway, outside of the R what will be the follow on engines for the Raptor? I hope not electric. At least not anytime soon.

The coyote without any boost is pretty down on torque from the 3.5HO, which is what matters most in a heavy truck with big tires.

The natural progression I’d guess would be a HO version of the 3.5 powerboost, but I’m really not a fan of all the extra battery weight in the Raptor.

njl12

Reaction score
It wasn’t random, they just added the 5.0 as the standard/base engine. The Tremor is not a Ford Performance model; the 3.5 is 400HP just like the 5.0.

Raptor gets the 3.5 HO with 450HP, the 5.0 would not only decrease power significantly, but it’s down 100 lb-ft of torque. It would make even the Raptor 35 slow, I can’t imagine the 37.
The R is overkill for me since it would be a daily driver. The current V6 still doesn’t do it for me even though it does sound way better than Gen 2. I’ll be totally honest, I’d rather have slightly less power but better sound. You can always tune/supercharge to your liking later if you want.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The R is overkill for me since it would be a daily driver. The current V6 still doesn’t do it for me even though it does sound way better than Gen 2. I’ll be totally honest, I’d rather have slightly less power but better sound. You can always tune/supercharge to your liking later if you want.
If you just want sound then get a 5.0 Tremor.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sounds like what you really want is mopar’s 392 in the Raptor or a tuned up Version of Fords 7.3- a lot of people would, but you’d also be looking @ single digit MPG too most likely.

I have a feeling some version of the hybrid power boost that’s in the Aviator may make its way into the next gen Raptor, maybe a 3.5 version of it? If it’s not plug-in I wouldn’t be entirely opposed, the drawback may be a hefty weight penalty which wouldn’t be good for towing or overlanding

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling some version of the hybrid power boost that’s in the Aviator may make its way into the next gen Raptor, maybe a 3.5 version of it? If it’s not plug-in I wouldn’t be entirely opposed, the drawback may be a hefty weight penalty which wouldn’t be good for towing or overlanding
At what point does producing a Raptor make sense with the crazy acceleration of the CAFE standards? They’re catching up to where they would have been if Trump had never held office. Something has to give. I’m watching the show, prepared to buy my last pickup ever when it looks like we’ve hit the inflection point. It may well be a post-refresh gen 3. We’ll see

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At what point does producing a Raptor make sense with the crazy acceleration of the CAFE standards? They’re catching up to where they would have been if Trump had never held office. Something has to give. I’m watching the show, prepared to buy my last pickup ever when it looks like we’ve hit the inflection point. It may well be a post-refresh gen 3. We’ll see
I may have just gotten my last truck, time will tell. I know I don’t want a PHEV Raptor.