Texture Painted Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a sprayed texture paint to paint their flares or anything else on their Raptors? I was thinking it could be an option instead of Line X.

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a sample area with 2 or 3 different types to see what works best, ended up just using plasti dip and over all I'm fairly happy with the outcome, the only issue I have had is at the local car wash and getting gas.

If Julio decides to rip on the fenders with a pressure washer they will bubble and need to be re done and if I am sloppy while fueling up that will cause the plasti dip to be ruined where the gas hits it.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

vunezy9e.jpg

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plast-dip is smooth right? I would like to match the running board's textured finish.

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be sprayed to be smooth or somewhat textured, let me get some better close up pics

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to try the Rustoleam truck bed paint. Very close to the same texture as the running boards. I use it on a lot of different things on my truck.
Mil T

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to try the Rustoleam truck bed paint. Very close to the same texture as the running boards. I use it on a lot of different things on my truck.
Mil T

I'll buy it and test it on something. Do they sell that at the Depot or Lowes?

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had some pictures of my steering knuckles I did but I can't find them now. Sorry.
They sell it where ever they sell rustoleum. That's the major brand for HD.

Last edited:

ExpeditionFatherhood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 07 jeep wrangler i line-xed the entire body, the fenders were a similar material to the flares on our raptors. It never cracked or chipped even with the offroading and lots of flexing.. just my input. The only thing was after being beat in this hot desert sun and sand it did lose some of its rich black color but can be touched up with basic tire shine.. seriously.

ExpeditionFatherhood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used the rustolem bed liner paint on my buddys f250 this weekend, did the bumpers,flares, and bottom of the door panels. Ill post some pics if you wanna see, it turned out pretty good. The texture isnt consistent though