Texas Raptor Run: Who plans on shooting and what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am..

AR-30 .388 Lapua
Desert Eagle .50

Everything else I own I can shoot here at the ranges.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be bringing a few pistols (1911's for Big J) but the rifles will be for static display. Don't know what time the shooting will be taking place. Will be getting there at 7 Saturday for some work by RPG then meet a few folks, maybe shoot a pistol or 2 and then head back to town.

Last edited:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fully auto Beowulf .50 if they let me.
.500 Taurus Raging Bull,
And a PS 90 for our fun gun

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FN SCAR .308
H&K .357 Sig
Glock .40
H&K .40
AR-15
Maybe some burst or full-auto?!! (if allowed?!!)

OP
OP
SPRSNK

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have talked to Trey about this. Shooting is probably only going to take place early morning. The entire track has to be shut down to open the firing range. Seems fair to me since this is about the trucks...not the guns. This is why I am only firing off the big guns. I would rather see Raptors running around the track than hearing the "boom...boom...boom...boom" I'll have my 1911 and Glock 21sf with me, but no intentions of firing. I can do that in my backyard in Austin.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there are any weapons brought to this event that are full auto--please bring the necessary licensing information with you. Speaking for myself I don’t want the BATF showing up and we have “issues” that have to be dealt with. Kind of doubt that full autos would be allowed on a hunting ranch such as this but who knows.

Make sure and check with the owners before you leave if you have any questions about what type of firearms will be allowed. Many places will not allow the 50 bmg just because of the extreme range it is capable of being dangerous to.

OP
OP
SPRSNK

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there are any weapons brought to this event that are full auto--please bring the necessary licensing information with you. Speaking for myself I don’t want the BATF showing up and we have “issues” that have to be dealt with. Kind of doubt that full autos would be allowed on a hunting ranch such as this but who knows.

Make sure and check with the owners before you leave if you have any questions about what type of firearms will be allowed. Many places will not allow the 50 bmg just because of the extreme range it is capable of being dangerous to.

The Ranch has a 1 mile range. .50 is allowed.