Test Drive - Local dealer does not allow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I ordered my 19 Back in Oct, and it’s scheduled to arrive at my dealer in Phoenix AZ in a day or so.
When I first started seriously considering a Raptor as my next daily driver a few months ago, I made my decision to buy before even doing a test drive. I only ended up doing a half mile test drive because the sales person kept insisting we take it for a spin.
Let’s be honest....most Raptor owners purchase because of how it looks, not how it drives. Otherwise some Raptor owners would be driving a Lariat or Platinum F150 which are very nice trucks....but in those you wouldn’t get noticed.

raptorexplorer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not quite a fair comparison. Not allowing a test drive is one thing; selectively allowing a test drive based on someone’s appearance is another. I’m sure if you selectively only offered free consultations to people based on their appearance, you’d earn yourself a bad reputation.

Appearance? I don’t care; I’ll hear the person out. Doesn’t mean I’ll sit there and invest a whole bunch of time.

I was agreeing with the realtor that some clients are eternal tire kickers.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the fun part of buying a expensive vehicle , going in to dealership looking somewhat disheveled , till you show them paycheck stubs and credit score , then they start stuttering. That's when you put the screws to them, throws them off guard. Because they have already judged you.